Keiran Lee "Might" be involved tomorrow!

3 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Out for 2 years but give him a new contract? 

You think he can sustain a season playing week in, week out when this league puts bigger demands on player fitness with modern tactics, pressing etc? 

Pay as you play would be the only deal any sane offer the club should consider. 

You say that but look at what Hutchinson has been through and he's been vital since Jos went. Plus Hutchs injury was worse. I think if he could make a solid comeback I see no reason Lee can't. I'm sure Bruce knows what he's doing and will evaluate him like everyone else in the squad. 

3 hours ago, Beholder said:

Pay as you play deals are only ever suggested on fans forums. They don't happen.

Keiran Lee will be given a contract by someone. And as far as I'm concerned it better be us. 

I'm not going to argue the ability of Keiran Lee to press or be fit, as that is also utterly ridiculous. Its what he is.

He is not in pain. End of story. 

Give him a chance ffs. If there is anyone who deserves it it's him. 

I'm a huge fan of Lee and delighted he is back. However he has just turned 30 and has been out for nearly 2 years. Even if he can stay fit (far from certain) there is still a huge question mark about whether he will return to his previous level. Players often don't after serious injuries.

Do people not understand our financial situation. We simply cannot afford to take risks by offering contracts to the likes of Lee and Hooper. 

We have to use the meagre resources at our disposal to bring in players who can be relied on to play week in week out. 

• Like 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

He’s a fantastic player, he’s pain-free now(wasn’t he playing with injections for a long time?), he’s not going to command a transfer fee. If he comes through the rest of the season and shows flashes of his past self, we should definitely offer him a contract- on materially reduced terms of course. Personally I think his serious injury concerns will be over, and I trust Bruce to ease him back in properly.

I’m aware I’m rambling with excitement.

Would be great to see him play again. seems such a long time since we've seen him. With FFP we might be better to try and keep some squad players as long as we can reduce their wages from when we were spending silly money. A re-structured deal might be on the cards if can get back fully match-fit. Of course the risk is injury, which we've brought Lazaar and Aarons in and they have both got injured too so new players might not be the perfect solution either. My heart says new deal and play him Hutch and Bannan every week in midfield with Fletch up top fessi on one side and reach on the other. My head says i think we might be saying goodbye at QPR game.

I remember when he was still pretty new at the club and appearing at RB. Thought he was god awful.

Then when he got pushed to CM turned into one of my favourite players. We’ve missed him dearly and is the type of box to box player this team has been crying out for. Would love to see him back playing for us. 

4 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

I'm a huge fan of Lee and delighted he is back. However he has just turned 30 and has been out for nearly 2 years. Even if he can stay fit (far from certain) there is still a huge question mark about whether he will return to his previous level. Players often don't after serious injuries.

Do people not understand our financial situation. We simply cannot afford to take risks by offering contracts to the likes of Lee and Hooper. 

We have to use the meagre resources at our disposal to bring in players who can be relied on to play week in week out. 

Don’t panic Derby and Bristol to balls it up, we sneak the play offs beat L@@ds and Lee scores winner at Wembley. New contract for premier! 

19 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

If we can keep him fit , he is the box to box,  up and down midfielder we desperately need.

Where would you see him playing though, him and Bannan wouldn’t work in a 4-4-2

I'm delighted to see him back but would not be rushing into handing him a new deal. Needs to be fully assessed throughout pre-season before a decision is made, assuming Bruce rates him. As an out of contract player there is no transfer deadline rush either

Players out for so long aren't guaranteed to come back the same - look at Alan Judge, £10m rated player before his injury, came back but ended up moving Brentford to Ipswich for a nominal fee

6 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

Another thought.

If Bruce is serious about moving on from that aging playoff squad, is he really going to line up with Lee, Hutch and Bannan in the midfield next year?

Good point, but there's a lot of energy and running in those players still, assuming they're all fit.

In an ideal world, we'd be able to rotate players a bit depending on the opposition rather than running them into the ground. It could be that Lee and Bannan add a bit of proven quality to some younger additions rather than being guaranteed starters week after week?

One advantage of keeping Lee is that there is no transfer fee involved. I don't know what you would have to pay to buy a player of his quality but it wouldn't be peanuts.

I don't know if he will come back as good as he was but the guy had a great engine and I suspect if anyone can he will.

I've no idea if we should give him a contract, like every other fan I've not watched him in training, but Bruce seems impressed by what he has seen. I'd trust his judgement.

Whatever, it will be nice to see him wearing the shirt again even if it is only for 20 minutes.