Keiran Lee "Might" be involved tomorrow!

2 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Good player and I hope he comes through any involvement unscathed . 31 year olds with Gammy hips are a no no moving forward . Thanks for your efforts Keiran but of deffo time to move on 

With a freakishly good engine...bags of talent and the fact (due to his own bravery) that he's never let us down... I think a bit of compassion should temper your pragmatism....in this particular instance.

But I agree with your general point.

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Good player and I hope he comes through any involvement unscathed . 31 year olds with Gammy hips are a no no moving forward . Thanks for your efforts Keiran but of deffo time to move on 

:Sid:

18 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

·   image.png.c9e96b7c84c008aec2910296728942a2.png

• Kieran Lee- There’s a good likelihood of that (playing at QPR) . He might, might be involved tomorrow. Be good to see him around that’s for sure. He’s been training two or three weeks. He’s had two chunk of football with the U23’s. For him personally to be involved must be fantastic. I’ve seen him on the training ground and he’s a very good player. The supporters will be delighted. And so will the supporters. He’s pain free. I’m delighted for him.

Two weeks?

:duntmatter:

18 hours ago, Kraschenbern said:

I find it baffling people would let him leave. He's been out a while obviously, but there is no reason he can't be fit and ready to go by August if he's not far off the match day squad now. If he gets back to 90% of the player he was he'd still be the best player at the club. We have missed him massively. And to replace him would cost millions. For me he's worth a year extension even if it's on 25k (allegedly) a week. To replace him would cost at least that in wages then probably 6 million in a fee. No brainer if he's approaching any kind of decent level of fitness.

Cant afford to pay that to him if ever can’t play / would have to be up to him to take some sort of structured deal based on appearances etc.

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 09:52, Beholder said:

Pay as you play deals are only ever suggested on fans forums. They don't happen.

Keiran Lee will be given a contract by someone. And as far as I'm concerned it better be us. 

I'm not going to argue the ability of Keiran Lee to press or be fit, as that is also utterly ridiculous. Its what he is.

He is not in pain. End of story. 

Give him a chance ffs. If there is anyone who deserves it it's him. 

Give him a chance? 

Emotional nonsense.

We cannot give players that have been out for 2 years a new contract. Its financial suicide and we have had bucket loads of that in the last 3 years  - Unless we like throwing away even more money.

Ridiculous to even consider a new contract. We need to move on.

25 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Give him a chance? 

Emotional nonsense.

We cannot give players that have been out for 2 years a new contract. Its financial suicide and we have had bucket loads of that in the last 3 years  - Unless we like throwing away even more money.

On the flip side, we’d be mad not to take our time and let medical professionals judge his fitness over the summer. We’re still severely hampered by FFP so of course we’d be silly to waste money on an injured player. We’d also be silly not to fully consider whether we might be able to (re)sign one of the best midfielders in the league on essentially a free transfer. Take emotion out of it for sure but be pragmatic.

46 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Give him a chance? 

Emotional nonsense.

Your banal 'realism' maybe doesnt carry any emotion but that doesn't mean it makes any sense.

It's just harsh for the sake of it. And it just follows a mindless trend on here for binning everyone and starting from scratch as if that is somehow the superior option. It isn't.

Lee is brilliant.

He Isn't on big money.

He is no longer injured.

Someone will sign him and it will be a top end champ side if it isn't us.

Edited by Beholder

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Your banal 'realism' maybe doesnt carry any emotion but that doesn't mean it makes any sense.

It's just harsh for the sake of it. And it just follows a mindless trend on here for binning everyone and starting from scratch as if that is somehow the superior option. It isn't.

Lee is brilliant.

He Isn't on big money.

He is no longer injured.

Someone will sign him and it will be a top end champ side if it isn't us.

He hasn’t proved his fitness as he hasn’t played a competitive game.

Stop talking nonsense. 

He will be 31 in June. 

It would be almost impossible to be the same player that he was 2-3 years ago. 

Very rare for any player to regain that edge and fitness after so long. 

Mentally it is very tough to come back. In the back of his mind (even subconsciously) he will wonder about every 50/50 challenge. 

A 31 years olds leg and engine start to decline between 29-31. 

Its just not worth wasting our time and money. 

Find other up and coming players instead. There is always and will always be someone else to become a hero. 

Edited by RichSheffWeds

He was mint today.  Crisp passes and a great cross that deserved a goal, drew a foul.  Didn't shirk at all.  With this stament here...

1 minute ago, RichSheffWeds said:

In the back of his mind (even subconsciously) he will wonder about every 50/50 challenge. 

...you're talking nonsense.

:sleep:

Guest timrud

Look at the picture - so happy for him.

Wonder where all the nuggets are who said he was retiring that were ITK?