Keiran Lee "Might" be involved tomorrow!

36 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

He hasn’t proved his fitness as he hasn’t played a competitive game.

Stop talking nonsense. 

He will be 31 in June. 

It would be almost impossible to be the same player that he was 2-3 years ago. 

Very rare for any player to regain that edge and fitness after so long. 

Mentally it is very tough to come back. In the back of his mind (even subconsciously) he will wonder about every 50/50 challenge. 

A 31 years olds leg and engine start to decline between 29-31. 

Its just not worth wasting our time and money. 

Find other up and coming players instead. There is always and will always be someone else to become a hero. 

Pretty sure that Bruce will make the correct decision on Lee. If he thinks he’s got something left in the tank then he will act accordingly. If not we will say goodbye.

14 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

He won't get a deal anywhere else without a good long trial so I think he'll be happy if we offer him a short term contract. On reasonable terms (maybe with a good appearance bonus) I think a 12.month deal works for both if we're satisfied he's 100% recovered.

I'd give him that with an option on it to extend if he maintains his fitness.

Kieran Lee was an excellent player and a real 100% man.  I trust the club will make a reasonable judgement based on sound medical advice and finance. No room for sentiment, we've paid him well and helped him through his rehabilitation. I don't know the full facts and I'd love him to be the player he was  but we simply can't afford to carry players because of their past service or form. I want young, hungry, superfit players who can play nearly every game.

4 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

It would be almost impossible to be the same player that he was 2-3 years ago. 

Very rare for any player to regain that edge and fitness after so long. 

Mentally it is very tough to come back. In the back of his mind (even subconsciously) he will wonder about every 50/50 challenge. 

A 31 years olds leg and engine start to decline between 29-31. 

Its just not worth wasting our time and money. 

Find other up and coming players instead. There is always and will always be someone else to become a hero. 

Who was you a professional footballer for again? 

You seem to know a lot of what a professional footballers body goes through and the mental side of the game.

I don’t know where Bruce head is at with Lee

It would kill me to see us rehab him for 18 months and get him back to 100% for him to move on and play on the rest of his days no issues....and surely the physio team will know how well repaired he actually is 

I really hope we give him a shot next year - a full summer behind him, he would be an excellent option to have even if it’s off the bench - I mean, look at Pelupessy in comparison......

18 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Who was you a professional footballer for again? 

You seem to know a lot of what a professional footballers body goes through and the mental side of the game.

You need to be a professional footballer to  listen, read and understand issues? 

On that basis we might as well close this forum and just let only pro’s and ex-pro’s post. 

Nice logic. 

1 minute ago, Owly Mowly said:

Feel sure that he will be with us next season on some sort of contract. 

Just not sure how our midfield would look though with Lee and Bannan again? Hutch behind them? 

But Bruce has talked about getting fresh faces in ...

He is a fresh face....

The last game I remember Lee playing he tore Leeds a new one.

It was at the end of the Carlos days, we’d been humbled by the blunts & then Lee turned in a masterclass, totally head & shoulders above all of the midfield players on the park.

I get the impression he’s the type of lad that will dedicate himself to getting back to 100%.

If (big if, I get it) we can manage him like we manage Hutch’s fitness to keep him in the squad most weeks then it’s a no brainer.

Class is permanent.

Edited by Big Rons Hairspray
  • Like 1