Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

53 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I wouldn't mind if winnall moved on I don't see what he brings to the squad 

Hard working goal scorer, decent in the air for his size. Well up for it, but needs to play in a front 2 or on the front foot/counter. Doesn’t seem suited to the one up front approach 

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Westwood/Dawson

Odubajo/Iorfa

Lees/Thorniley

Hector/Borner

Palmer/Fox

Bannan/Pelupessy

Hutchinson/Besic

Lee/Reach (can be moved centrally)

Reach/Forestieri

Harris/Marshall

Fletcher/Joao/Nuhiu

I’d like to see them as options. Always good to have 2 players for each position. Perhaps another pacy striker on loan? Look to offload Winnall, Rhodes and Van Aken to free up room for those incoming. Penney and Baker perhaps out on loan to League 1/2 clubs. They both need games at their age.  

Anyone got any suggestions for potential attackers to join on loan from the Prem? 

Left back sticks out like a sore thumb when you list the squad like that. We probably need about 5 signings which is the issue because we're only likely to get 1-2 loans if that.

Fox and Pelupessy aren't good enough. We probably need 5 centre mids if we're going to switch between 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 this season, and we have 3 who are good enough. So that's two signings. Then we'd all like Hector back, so that's 4. We've got 3 wide attackers (Harris, FF and Reach) and probably need 1 more, so that's 5.

So a left back, Hector, 2 centre mids and a wide man required. Then shift out Fox, Baker, Van Aken, Pelupessy and Winnall.

Wonder if we'll see any of the academy lads stepping up to fill in. Think cabbage man had these changes in mind but looks like financially we aren't able to do it

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’ll be the biggest shame if Hector doesn’t join. He is so desperate to be here judging my his comments and likes on social media. 

Please get it done Wednesday. Borner has a great debut, but we know what we are getting with Hector. 

If hector is that desperate to join us what's to stop him going to Lampard and asking to cancel his contract and move as a free agent , he already knows he's not going to play a game for Chelsea and he's probably more aware of our financial situation than we are as fans .

Don't get me wrong he would be a welcome addition to the squad but with the possibility of iorfa playing CB I don't think it's the most Important position for us to fill yet

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

If hector is that desperate to join us what's to stop him going to Lampard and asking to cancel his contract and move as a free agent , he already knows he's not going to play a game for Chelsea and he's probably more aware of our financial situation than we are as fans .

Don't get me wrong he would be a welcome addition to the squad but with the possibility of iorfa playing CB I don't think it's the most Important position for us to fill yet

I don’t think it’s quite as easy as that...what would Frank Lampard’s Chelsea gain from this? Hardly the nicest club...

4 minutes ago, Bagarri said:

I don’t think it’s quite as easy as that...what would Frank Lampard’s Chelsea gain from this? Hardly the nicest club...

I should imagine that if he wasn't managing derby last season he would have had to look up hector, anyway the guy has been there 5 years isn't it and never played a first team game I don't think.

I don't think Chelsea would be overly fussed as a club one way or the other but the point is if hector is that desperate to be here then he has ways of forcing it through if he really wants to 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Westwood/Dawson

Odubajo/Iorfa

Lees/Thorniley

Hector/Borner

Palmer/Fox

Bannan/Pelupessy

Hutchinson/Besic

Lee/Reach (can be moved centrally)

Reach/Forestieri

Harris/Marshall

Fletcher/Joao/Nuhiu

I’d like to see them as options. Always good to have 2 players for each position. Perhaps another pacy striker on loan? Look to offload Winnall, Rhodes and Van Aken to free up room for those incoming. Penney and Baker perhaps out on loan to League 1/2 clubs. They both need games at their age.  

Anyone got any suggestions for potential attackers to join on loan from the Prem? 

I still think when everyone is available

The two full backs will be Iorfa and Odubajo

Palmer and Fox will be back ups

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Left back sticks out like a sore thumb when you list the squad like that. We probably need about 5 signings which is the issue because we're only likely to get 1-2 loans if that.

Fox and Pelupessy aren't good enough. We probably need 5 centre mids if we're going to switch between 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 this season, and we have 3 who are good enough. So that's two signings. Then we'd all like Hector back, so that's 4. We've got 3 wide attackers (Harris, FF and Reach) and probably need 1 more, so that's 5.

So a left back, Hector, 2 centre mids and a wide man required. Then shift out Fox, Baker, Van Aken, Pelupessy and Winnall.

Wonder if we'll see any of the academy lads stepping up to fill in. Think cabbage man had these changes in mind but looks like financially we aren't able to do it

I actually think Fox and Harris on the left handside maybe pretty good this season.

14 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I still think when everyone is available

The two full backs will be Iorfa and Odubajo

Palmer and Fox will be back ups

Bit to attacking with them two.

Can you imagine a 4-4-2 with those full backs. We would end up with about 6 up front.

21 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Saw the goals he scored at Barnsley with Hourihane swinging the crosses in, if we could sign someone like Marcus Maddison who crosses the ball in a similar way think he would score plenty..Fletcher as well.

I hear there is a winger with championship experience, 28 years old, 250+career games in the championship and a free agent but we cannot sign him as he was once on loan with us and that means it's a no.

Get Ben 10 fit and playing and that  sorts our right midfield issue out for not a lot of money.

• Haha 1