Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

I still think we need another quick winger. If Harris takes an injury then there's no outlet.

Although it may make sense to bring in another full back and push Odubajo further up the field.

Worth mentioning free agents can be signed outside the window too so there's always that option.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Nixon saying he has heard Chelsea want 4-5 million for Hector. Like I’ve said I just think it’s to much for us to spend, not necessarily because he isn’t worth it but because we have just come out of the embargo and that is a crazy amount to spend on one player. 

Should accept Norwich's offer for Rhodes, then get Hector in. Hector and some loanees would do. Doesn't make sense to loan Joao out, would rather keep him. If we can sell someone else like Winnall, I'd try and sign Marcus Maddison. May as well utilise the loan market to get some extra quality, some more pace like Moses and Harris would be smart.

4 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Should accept Norwich's offer for Rhodes, then get Hector in. Hector and some loanees would do. Doesn't make sense to loan Joao out, would rather keep him. If we can sell someone else like Winnall, I'd try and sign Marcus Maddison. May as well utilise the loan market to get some extra quality, some more pace like Moses and Harris would be smart.

But won't the fee we get for Rhodes go straight to boro for the remainder of what we owe

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Last I heard/read they wanted him for free, hardly an offer. 

4 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

But won't the fee we get for Rhodes go straight to boro for the remainder of what we owe

No. Middlesbrough have received their money for Rhodes.

The money we'd "lose" is purely for accounting purposes. So yes, let him go for free we lose a couple of million against FFP/P&S, but that money doesn't go into Boro's pockets. It just disappears into the void or something lol 

Just now, DELUDED OWL said:

Really, not seen that, maybe worth thinking about then eh. 

If true, we should accept it because who else would pay more than that? Doubt we'd receive more than that for a striker who used to bang em in several years ago. It would make more sense than getting rid of or loaning out a younger pacier striker in Joao, whose price tag could increase rather than decline like Rhodes.

36 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

No. Middlesbrough have received their money for Rhodes.

The money we'd "lose" is purely for accounting purposes. So yes, let him go for free we lose a couple of million against FFP/P&S, but that money doesn't go into Boro's pockets. It just disappears into the void or something lol 

Cant imagine we paid cash upfront for Rhodes so we will still owe them money for him. But as you say the two are unrelated.

15 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Cant imagine we paid cash upfront for Rhodes so we will still owe them money for him. But as you say the two are unrelated.

That depends if transfer clauses were met, im sure i read somewhere that the fee was dependent on promotion being achieved, games played ect as are most transfers nowadays.

Just now, full fathom five said:

That depends if transfer clauses were met, im sure i read somewhere that the fee was dependent on promotion being achieved, games played ect as are most transfers nowadays.

I meant more we wouldn't have handed them 7m say in one go we would have staggered that over years. 

So we may still owe them money for him.

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Nixon saying he has heard Chelsea want 4-5 million for Hector. Like I’ve said I just think it’s to much for us to spend, not necessarily because he isn’t worth it but because we have just come out of the embargo and that is a crazy amount to spend on one player. 

£4m would be a good deal TBH. Amortized over a 4 year contract re FFP should be within our reach....paid for by the Bruce compensation. 

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Leicester being quoted £75 million for Nathan Ake lol

I know it would have been difficult but they should have just said its 150m for Maguire or nothing. Because they are gonna get proper ripped off for a replacement paying about 60m for a player half as good.

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

No we bought Rhodes from Boro two years ago and paid them for the player then. Then in the accounts his fee is released over the length of his contract aka £2m a season + wages.

Any money we get in for him does not go to Boro unless they allowed us to pay for Rhodes over 4 years which would be the first deal in history to do this.

• Like 1