Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

If all rumoured deals come off, could be a decent window financially. Notwithstanding the FFP nuances of any Rhodes deal, £4m for Bruce, 4m for Rhodes and £8m for Joao could see us looking rather healthier FFP wise and we've not lost any first team regulars (biggest loss was the manager, but that's done now)

£16m or thereabouts in fees, plus c£4-5m in wages back into the budget could fund 2 or 3 loans, plus hopefully Hector. 

Guest wilyfox

For me 4mil is the magic number for Rhodes. Clears what we still owe and gets him out. So I'm hoping that Nixon snippet is correct. 

Guest wilyfox
Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Losing Joao and Rhodes without a replacement coming in would be bad business in my view.

Especially with FF's ban looming and Fletcher's niggles.

Struggling for words to express how excited I would be if we achieved a player sale. Breaking new ground lol

Not excited about seeing Joao go anywhere, sooner we kept him so he could continue to frustrate us.......

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Losing Joao and Rhodes without a replacement coming in would be bad business in my view.

Can see Winnall going aswell, would have to be a replacement come in 

The only point in selling Joao, in my opinion, would be because there has been genuine interest in his services as opposed to any other of our saleable assets. On the balance of it all, selling what is on the face of it a squad player for 8m is good business

However, I'm not sure we have any other players with similar attributes in the squad and unless a replacement is lined up who we can bring on I can't see benefit of it. I've always liked Joao and his record here is not dissimilar to fletchers really. Yes it is in flashes and bursts but that's why he is squad rather than first team.

It's a difficult one whereby there are pros and cons to selling like any player. But it boils down to 8m vs 10 goals in a season and a 5th year of POTENTIALLY then I would sell.

Maybe, and this is a BIG maybe, Bullen has seen someone (and cabbage patch doll before him) in the youth squad for the step up. My knowledge is sparse on the younger players to be fair!

Think Rhodes and one out of Winnall and Joao are moving on.. We need somebody real quick to add to Harris and much more energy and strength in midfield. Defence also looks thin if we get injuries. Beginning to worry about our ability to bring right players in.

Getting 4 million for Rhodes for us would be decent 

Hes only going to be another part player and on big wages in a bloated department despite looking sharp I’d snap their hands off for that, the next we should look to move out up from would be winnal even if it’s on loan  I see no future for him that would balance out the strikers then

we need cover at CB bringing hector in would be great and give who ever our manager is a real headache with Borner and lees 

since we’re playing 3 in midfield we definitely need a CM in if I’m greedy ( it won’t happen 2 )

the way we are lining up I think another wide Man who can get at teams is critical one reach or Harris leave the team we are massively lacking, Burke would be ideal and cheap I think to either buy or loan if we can strike a deal Aaron’s loan? Can’t see Newcastle doing business with us 

Two positions I know are not in the agenda and would depend on moving players on would be a left back and and another forward for me this would complete our squad and catapult us to top two challenges but it would relay on moving on players such as Joao and fox nobody’s taking fox on 

but if carlsberg did transfer windows and Newcastle wanted to trade with us a cheeky cheap treble swoop on loan or purchase or mixture of Gayle, Lazaar and Aaron’s with hector and another CM coming in and Joao Rhodes Fox and winnal going out would be immense 

oh but I forget who’s chomping at the bit to trade with us or come in without a permanent manager in place. I feel this will and already has majorly hampered our dealings 

could sell ourselfs a bit short if Rhodes and Joao go, definitely need to add something , there’s only big Atdhe to step up and cover Fletch