Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

Opportunity for winnall to show what he can do if he stays

Screams bang average at this level, but yeh ur right it would give him an opportunity 

14 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I’m convinced we wont get anywhere near £4m for Rhodes.  I think we would be lucky to get £3m - its a big financial package for Norwich including Jordan’s wages for a player that is likely to play only a small role off the bench.

3m is quite close to 4m :biggrin:

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

could sell ourselfs a bit short if Rhodes and Joao go, definitely need to add something , there’s only big Atdhe to step up and cover Fletch  

Spot on Big D. It wasn't too long ago that Fletch and FF were both injured, Winnall and Rhodes were on loan, which left us with Big Dave and Joao.

I am all for advocating player sales at the right price, but those wanting Rhodes, Winnall and Joao to leave, with FF s ban still looming, must have maximum faith in Big Dave to lead the attack, should Fletch get injured.

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Rhodes will do well this season if he stays (hunch) but I feel our hand will be forced by FFP and he probably wants to go.

4m would be decent (always take Nixon’s detail with a huge pinch of salt) but presumably most of that goes straight to Boro and would only free his wages plus 2m of the annual fee from this years costs. 

If Joao goes too for a few million then hopefully it gives us room to get some decent players in and not just young loan players.

Winnall needs to go. Should fetch a modest fee  and we won't use him. Surplus to requirements. I heard the Dingles wanted him but his wages were too high.

Guest wilyfox
24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Mo Besic available for loan from Everton. Would welcome that signing.

Good player.

51 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I’m convinced we wont get anywhere near £4m for Rhodes.  I think we would be lucky to get £3m - its a big financial package for Norwich including Jordan’s wages for a player that is likely to play only a small role off the bench.

They keep coming back for him so they obviously see him as useful. They are Premier league now. Is it possible they are right and we are wrong?

Of we need to sell because of P & S then so be it but let's get Winnall out the door and see what happens with Joao. Maybe the possible loan to a foreign team is just a scare to force the hand of English teams who want him. I don't think we are savvy enough to be honest to try that but who knows.

I can see us using Rhodes at home this season if we go 2 up top. Is he worth keeping considering the wage he's on, just to play him home games? Maybe not, but don't let him go too cheap unless we have to.

10 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Good player.

He would add everything we need in midfield. He can pass and tackle and scored 3 and assisted 6 from defensive midfield in his time at Middlesbrough. Fulham were after him for an alleged £5M though and his wages will be high. 

42 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Maybe we’ll go in for Connor Wickham if we shifted say Rhodes and Winnall 

I wonder what he would cost? Maybe it wouldn't work second time around. Never a good Idea to go backwards.

I did like him though. We are a totally different team now.

Westwood/Dawson

Odubajo/Iorfa

Lees/Thorniley

Hector/Borner

Palmer/Fox

Bannan/Pelupessy

Hutchinson/Besic

Lee/Reach (can be moved centrally)

Reach/Forestieri

Harris/Marshall

Fletcher/Joao/Nuhiu

I’d like to see them as options. Always good to have 2 players for each position. Perhaps another pacy striker on loan? Look to offload Winnall, Rhodes and Van Aken to free up room for those incoming. Penney and Baker perhaps out on loan to League 1/2 clubs. They both need games at their age.  

Anyone got any suggestions for potential attackers to join on loan from the Prem? 

21 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Westwood/Dawson

Odubajo/Iorfa

Lees/Thorniley

Hector/Borner

Palmer/Fox

Bannan/Pelupessy

Hutchinson/Besic

Lee/Reach (can be moved centrally)

Reach/Forestieri

Harris/Marshall

Fletcher/Joao/Nuhiu

I’d like to see them as options. Always good to have 2 players for each position. Perhaps another pacy striker on loan? Look to offload Winnall, Rhodes and Van Aken to free up room for those incoming. Penney and Baker perhaps out on loan to League 1/2 clubs. They both need games at their age.  

Anyone got any suggestions for potential attackers to join on loan from the Prem? 

Eddie Nketiah