Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I think we can find better with a loanee from one of the Premier League big boys

I'm not sure that we can. Swift is a really good player with 100 + games at this level to his name.

But I'm not sure we can afford him in any case.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 hours ago, Owls77 said:

Fair comment.....

I just think we need to strengthen other areas! Left Back, Wide areas and Centre back!

Totally disagree. Loads of options for full back. Odubajo, Palmer, Iorfa, Baker, Fox, Penney and supposedly even Börner can play there.

As for wingers, I agree we are short but again we have five possible options; Reach, Harris, Joao, Forestieri, Penney. However, in central midfield we only have 4 players yet we are starting three of them. Add to the fact that Lee and Hutch are made of glass, then this is the position we MUST fill. We may also need a keeper too with Wildsmith’s injury and Westwood’s suspension. Of course if we can bring in a third player, it would then be a winger for me.

8 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Approaching 500 pages and yet to pay a fee for a player. 

I gave up reading around page 150. Have we been linked with anyone else or is it just Rasiak & Ben Marshall jokes? 

To spice up its imminent flagging There's a Toy section in the 

"Lump money on Rowett thread"Jonesy......

Quick question as a warmer upper 

Playdoh

Or 

Fuzzy Felt ?

• Haha 3

Guest wilyfox
7 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Look if Wilyfox says the squad is unbalanced then that's good enough for me lol

Bruce & Bullen both said the same thing. What ya getting at me for?

11 hours ago, malek said:

I'm not sure that we can. Swift is a really good player with 100 + games at this level to his name.

But I'm not sure we can afford him in any case.

They wouldn’t sell unless it was big big money - he’s there best player and they would definitely go down if they let him go.

I personally think that we need a physical presence in midfield who can play in a conventional central midfield 2 assuming we want to go with a different formation. 

Nixon saying he has heard Chelsea want 4-5 million for Hector. Like I’ve said I just think it’s to much for us to spend, not necessarily because he isn’t worth it but because we have just come out of the embargo and that is a crazy amount to spend on one player. 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Nixon saying he has heard Chelsea want 4-5 million for Hector. Like I’ve said I just think it’s to much for us to spend, not necessarily because he isn’t worth it but because we have just come out of the embargo and that is a crazy amount to spend on one player. 

Not if we can move some out and balance the books.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Just need to give him a 10 year contract.

• Haha 1

Just now, jack whitham said:

Not if we can move some out and balance the books.

We don’t seem to be very good at doing that though! I would prefer us to spend the money on 2-3 players rather than lump it on 1 player if we are wanting to spend 4 or 5 million. 

So 3 days left. Surely will only be loan deals now this close to the end of the window and with no permanent manager. Anyone except Hector out there that would make sense? Wingers? left backs? centre mid?

It makes little sense not to bolster the squad numbers and use the loans we have available. Even if not starters just people who can cover and play cup games etc to give people a rest.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

He'll be worth double that if he played a full season with us. Got to invest in these types and rid ourselves of the Rhodes,Fox, Van Aken types who have next to no profit in them

1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

So 3 days left. Surely will only be loan deals now this close to the end of the window and with no permanent manager. Anyone except Hector out there that would make sense? Wingers? left backs? centre mid?

It makes little sense not to bolster the squad numbers and use the loans we have available. Even if not starters just people who can cover and play cup games etc to give people a rest.

Other than Hector, it would be loans for me anyway You get better quality than we could hope to buy, and we want pace, energy and guile, the attributes normally found in young Premier League players.