Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

Have you seen the accounts unless we sell some of the current squad for decent money,  it would be suicide to pay that money

The way most football clubs do business these days is suicidal so I wouldn’t really rule anything out , but agreed sales are required 

Said it for a long time if we need to sell reach is the one to go, probably fetch the most money and although he’s a good player he doesn’t fit into our preferred systems. I’d have preferred jaoa or FF in his role today. With prices the way they are he could bring 10 million plus in that we allow to bring in hector and maybe a couple more. Wether this happens I don’t know think we’re more likely to move rhodes and winnall but hopefully not jaoa 

5 hours ago, jamiejohn said:

Said it for a long time if we need to sell reach is the one to go, probably fetch the most money and although he’s a good player he doesn’t fit into our preferred systems. I’d have preferred jaoa or FF in his role today. With prices the way they are he could bring 10 million plus in that we allow to bring in hector and maybe a couple more. Wether this happens I don’t know think we’re more likely to move rhodes and winnall but hopefully not jaoa 

You need a buyer first

Bristol City 'sign French wonderkid' from Monaco for £8 million

He's reported to be in Bristol for a medical on Sunday

Bristol City are understood to have splashed out around £8 million on a highly-rated French midfielder from AS Monaco on the eve of starting their Championship campaign against Leeds United.

Brentford are in talks with Troyes over a £5.4million deal for teenage winger Bryan Mbeumo.

The 19-year-old, a former France U17 international who has attracted interest from Southampton this summer, was invited to Brentford's game with Birmingham City on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Bristol City 'sign French wonderkid' from Monaco for £8 million

He's reported to be in Bristol for a medical on Sunday

Bristol City are understood to have splashed out around £8 million on a highly-rated French midfielder from AS Monaco on the eve of starting their Championship campaign against Leeds United.

What's the wonderkid's name?

If we do sell any of our strikers and decide to bring someone in with something different, Armand Gnanduillet at Blackpool, might be worth considering? He looks like a League One version of Kodjia, Abraham or Grabban to me.

If we can, I'd love us to bring Hector back permanently or on loan, plus Marcus Maddison, is a player I think would suit us really well. However, if we can't buy anyone or can't manage to wheel and deal, I'm still hopeful that we could bring in some extra quality on loan fro from the top flight.

Edited by The Night-Owl

16 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

If we do sell any of our strikers and decide to bring someone in with something different, Armand Gnanduillet at Blackpool, might be worth considering? He looks like a League One version of Kodjia, Abraham or Grabban to me.

If we can, I'd love us to bring Hector back permanently or on loan, plus Marcus Maddison, is a player I think would suit us really well. However, if we can't buy anyone or can't manage to wheel and deal, I'm still hopeful that we could bring in some extra quality on loan fro from the top flight.

Maddison would be perfect for us.

We need a centre midfielder if 3 in midfield is the plan going forward.

Hutch and Lee, I doubt, can play week in week out and teams that get promoted don’t constantly change formation. Regardless, we need a plan B option if someone’s off form in that midfield.

We’re not the ‘attractive option’ for bigger loan signings that the likes of Leeds can attract so we need to be cherry picking the new talent in the academy’s. Players who have been taken on their clubs pre season tours whilst the international stars have had extended breaks.

Billy Gilmour looks like the Mason Mount of Chelsea last season. Played and impressed on their pre season tours and is probably looking for a loan out to prove himself. They’ve got George McEachran too who’s been tipped to have a much better career than his brother.

These are the type’s of avenue’s we need to be looking at. We’re not gonna sign the stars of today, we need to look at stars of tomorrow.

Rhodes will do well this season if he stays (hunch) but I feel our hand will be forced by FFP and he probably wants to go.

4m would be decent (always take Nixon’s detail with a huge pinch of salt) but presumably most of that goes straight to Boro and would only free his wages plus 2m of the annual fee from this years costs. 

If Joao goes too for a few million then hopefully it gives us room to get some decent players in and not just young loan players.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">SHEFF WED. Joao can now go on loan rather than the mad sale price. Loan fee still heavy. Poss abroad.</p>&mdash; Alan Nixon (@reluctantnicko) <a href="https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/status/1157933064254820353?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 4, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>