Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

I would sacrifice any of our players, if it meant we could bring Hector in, he was head and shoulders above all of them last season. He is the only player we need to buy, everything else can be done with loans.  To get a player like that, in his prime, and in an area where we need experience, is worth paying a fee for. In all likelihood, Chelsea probably wouldn’t sanction another loan anyway. What we then need is an injection of pace, energy and guile, and that is exactly what we can find by shrewd use of the loan market. 

7 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Anyone mentioned Newcastle have signed a Dutch LB. Jet Willems.

You could assume Dummet is their first choice, Willems will be good competition. 

And Lazaar is free to be loaned out.

Bullen has said ideally we need another CB, midfielder & a winger. Don't think another LB is on the agenda at the moment. 

39 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Rhodes linked with Norwich again this morning on the paper talk from The Sun.

"Norwich are ready to make a late attempt to sign Sheffield Wednesday striker Jordan Rhodes".

He'll end up there just like a deal happened last season when it looked unlikely.

Yeh it looks like Rhodes is off, bit of a shame for me as I do think he’s looked sharp pre season and would like to see him link up with Harris 

On one hand playing down any more business and suggests they're looking for cheaper options, so depends whether we are willing to do a deal around £3-4m maybe and whether they are desperate enough to pay that for a squad player. 

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-daniel-farke-jordan-rhodes-speculation-1-6196474

Dont really care if he stays or goes, but think Norwich have underestimated the step up and will struggle big time, even more so than the blunts, with or without Rhodes. There is frugal and then there's naive and think they fall into the latter. 

24 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Yeh it looks like Rhodes is off, bit of a shame for me as I do think he’s looked sharp pre season and would like to see him link up with Harris 

Sod's law with Wednesday. We finally have the players and a management team that may get the best out of him yet we find ourselves in a position where we can't afford to keep him? Ridiculous decision to sign him in the first place unless we were going to alter our style of play to get the best out of him.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

If Rhodes does go, and we get a reasonable fee for Joao I'd hope we are at the front of the queue for getting Gayle on loan. 

Nixon seems to think it'll take a large wage contribution for someone to get him but he is available, moving those 2 on would make it viable. 

Gayle Fletcher Nuhiu Winnall and FF gives us a bit of everything whilst trimming down nicely. 

7 minutes ago, kilbyj said:

If Rhodes does go, and we get a reasonable fee for Joao I'd hope we are at the front of the queue for getting Gayle on loan

Nixon seems to think it'll take a large wage contribution for someone to get him but he is available, moving those 2 on would make it viable. 

Gayle Fletcher Nuhiu Winnall and FF gives us a bit of everything whilst trimming down nicely. 

Wouldn't that undo all the benefit from selling two players re FFP?

Gayles wage is astronomical, even too much for West Brom to justify again this season even with parachute payments. 

I do agree, if we sold Rhodes AND Joao, we need another forward in, but dont think Gayle is realistic.

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Wouldn't that undo all the benefit from selling two players re FFP?

Gayles wage is astronomical, even too much for West Brom to justify again this season even with parachute payments. 

I do agree, if we sold Rhodes AND Joao, we need another forward in, but dont think Gayle is realistic.

Depends on the contribution doesn't it.

Re Rhodes.. 

If he is to go back out on loan then I hope Chansiri this time nails the contract. Along the lines of-

1 million up front loan fee. 

All wages paid by Norwich. 

10 game bonus fee

2 million end of season guaranteed purchase. 

20 minutes ago, kilbyj said:

Depends on the contribution doesn't it.

True, what are the odds DC wants to deal with Newcastle, or Newcastle would be in a mood to subsidise his wage to us given our complaint and pending legal action?

I agree, a Gayle type player would be good, just not him....a cheaper version (no, I dont have anyone in mind, because I dont think well sell both Rhodes and Joao before next Thursday)

6 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Re Rhodes.. 

If he is to go back out on loan then I hope Chansiri this time nails the contract. Along the lines of-

10 game bonus fee

Think they paid £2m loan fee and 100% wage last year. Shouldnt need to reduce terms, especially as they were promoted. Agree, there does need to be a purchase agreement though if he's loaned out again.

8 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Re Rhodes.. 

10 game bonus fee

Isn't his contract up in summer?

Dwight Gayle !!?     Not a chance we’re competing for him , his wages are astronomical and I’ve not got a clue why anyone thinks we’ll be doing business with Newcastle 

26 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Nice little windfall.......

Harry Maguire's £80million move to Manchester United from Leicester set to pocket £9.5m for Hull

I'm surprised Leicester didn't sell him to some obscure Belgium club for say £50m, thereby saving a few £m on the sell on clause. The Belgian club could then sell to Man U for £80m with the Belgians buying a few Leicester U23s for £30m.

• Haha 2