Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Just now, woodys said:

Ironically I think we are more likely to see new arrivals with a new manager and less likely with Bullen 

The suggestion is, if Bullen keeps winning, the jobs his. That clearly means, no manager will be arriving before the window closes, so for me, it’s still option1

Just now, bigash_swfc said:

Can we try one of them loan deals like we did with Derby? Winnall for Butterfield.

Instead do...

Winnall for John Swift at Reading?

Out of interest what does Swift offer us in the middle of the park, seems very lightweight??

Just now, Owls77 said:

Out of interest what does Swift offer us in the middle of the park, seems very lightweight??

If anything happens to Kieran Lee, I've always thought he's the closest like for like player in the league.

And I don't think his value is too high, for a deal like this to be unrealistic

Just now, bigash_swfc said:

If anything happens to Kieran Lee, I've always thought he's the closest like for like player in the league.

And I don't think his value is too high, for a deal like this to be unrealistic

Fair comment.....

I just think we need to strengthen other areas! Left Back, Wide areas and Centre back!

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

My worry though is that Iorfa and Odubajo will do it at the same time.

WTF:

Hutchinson is the insurance policy

When both full backs push on, Lees and Borner will go wide and Hutchinson will drop in at centre half

We did it at Reading when Palmer and Odubajo pushed on

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

When both full backs push on, Lees and Borner will go wide and Hutchinson will drop in at centre half

When we need a goal or a win yep go with them. Playing a Leeds or wba be cut apart.

8 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

I just think we need to strengthen other areas! Left Back, Wide areas and Centre back!

We'll just have to see what happens, I think Palmer should be capable at LB. (Can always revisit this in January)

Borner looks capable too and when Iorfa returns, it's a possibility Odubjao moves further forward.

We've got nothing to replace Bannan or Lee, only Pelupessy to replace Hutchinson. (That desperate we tried Winnall in CM other day :laugh:)

2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

We'll just have to see what happens, I think Palmer should be capable at LB. (Can always revisit this in January)

Borner looks capable too and when Iorfa returns, it's a possibility Odubjao moves further forward.

We've got nothing to replace Bannan or Lee, only Pelupessy to replace Hutchinson. (That desperate we tried Winnall in CM other day :laugh:)

We need back up for all three, as Pelupessy doesn’t offer the same security as Hutchinson does.  I like Pelupessy, he brings energy and will track back, but he can’t, for example, drop into the back four when needed.  We used that ploy regularly against Reading, to good effect

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Both full backs shouldn't go up at the same time, Attack up one wing, CM drops back, Play switches to other wing, that full back goes up and first one drops back.

If both go forward you are wide open.

15 minutes ago, prowl said:

Both full backs shouldn't go up at the same time, Attack up one wing, CM drops back, Play switches to other wing, that full back goes up and first one drops back.

If both go forward you are wide open.

Although they can only target one side at a time, but yes we have to be smart how we do it

2 hours ago, Owls77 said:

He is a great playmaker and one of the best passers of the ball at this level, and certainly didn't get bullied by our midfielders.

As things stand, if Bannan gets injured we are fu*ked.

2 minutes ago, malek said:

He is a great playmaker and one of the best passers of the ball at this level, and certainly didn't get bullied by our midfielders.

As things stand, if Bannan gets injured we are fu*ked.

I think we can find better with a loanee from one of the Premier League big boys

• Like 1