Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

By some way Why did Odubajo switch to right after starting the friendlies on the left, where he did OK? 

Might have identified something tactically about Readings team that helped having him and Palmer switched. Also gave us some unpredictability from what Reading will have scouted. 

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

By some way Why did Odubajo switch to right after starting the friendlies on the left, where he did OK? 

Presume Bullen sees it differently to Bruce.

It could be that Bullen sees Palmer as the better defender so plays him with Harris who is probably not quite as good at defending as Reach.

So sees Palmer/Harris and Odubajo/ Reach as a better balance 

Theoretical question would you prefer 

1. Bullen stays on as manager and 2-3 new players before Thursday.

2. New manager and go with squad we’ve got.

No real reason I’m asking just curious. Personally prefer option 1 at the minute.

5 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

No real reason I’m asking just curious. Personally prefer option 1 at the minute.

Clearly 1

11 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Depends on the quality of players in option 1 

17 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

It's only his first game

Give him a few more games and you'll see a quality player emerge

Wednesday fans always need a scapegoat - Palmer’s in fashion (playing well) and Nuhui probably won’t feature too often, if everyone is fit.  Here comes Moses, one game...HE’S KAK!!! 

30 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Neither need a new manager and still need 3 to 4 players to strengthen our squad as any other team in the league would do.

40 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

New manager.

It's hard to say what we will get as we don't know our true financial position, DCs attitude towards wanting/trusting choices for players and whether we've learnt anything about recycling players for a healthy squad. Of course its all relevanr to how a manger (or fan), wants us or how they see us playing. 

For me if we could get money for Rhodes and winnall or joao. Some how get van aken back to Holland, the. Depending on what the overall values are I'd like to see permanent signings in CB, midfield. For that'd be Hector 2/3m, Guardiora 1/2m and maddison 2.5/3m.  

That still leaves us with loan options which as everyone would like to see young premier league who has clear potential and hunger to shine, like your Wilson and Mount. Not so sure I believe we could get that,which means more a squad player out of favour. But my loan signings would be lb, cm, and winger/pacy inside forward.  Not sure who those would be for the former, but based on latter type of player, like people have said we could do a hell of a lot worse than Besic and Burke plus a other. 

Then it's a case of one out one replacement in. 

Of course all that is wishful thinking and without knowing the true status of things. To my mind however, we would only really be able to sell joao and reach for a decent amount. The rest are to recoup what we paid or to cover origi Al fees like Rhodes. 

The one of the main things I think we do wrong (apart from selling and selling for value) is over our own youngsters. We should be giving them time at lower league clubs, not bartering over loan fees and wages. I think we hurt ourselves in that regard.  

Even local teams like Rotherham and donny need players and would be perfect for thorniley, Penney, Baker and bourkev (sorry terrible spelling) 

46 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

We need a manager AND new players. One without the other increases the likelihood  of another mid table finish. 

DC is preoccupied with promotion, which is good, in which case it's not and and/or scenario if promotion is the objective. 

If mid table is the aim  doesn't really matter. 

42 minutes ago, Bagarri said:

Wednesday fans always need a scapegoat - Palmer’s in fashion (playing well) and Nuhui probably won’t feature too often, if everyone is fit.  Here comes Moses, one game...HE’S KAK!!! 

If you are referring to my post you are talking rubbish .

I simply said Palmer has played better Odubajo up to now.

That’s not scapegoating, it’s fact,

Hopefully Odubajo will be man of the match next week .

We do need both sorted, but there’s no restriction as to when we can appoint a manager However, there are only a few days left in the window It’s highly unlikely that any new manager would have time to influence any dealings, so we just need to get on with the recruitment

Edited by gurujuan

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

It's only his first game

Give him a few more games and you'll see a quality player emerge

I also think you will see a full back that leaves a hell of a lot of space to be exploited in behind him aswell.

2 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

Depends on the quality of players in option 1 and the quality of manager in option 2.  A highly regarded manager with a modern approach and i’d Say option 2.  Otherwise it should be option 1 until January. Give Lee a 6 month head coach contract and some decent loans before Thursday 

Edited by Owls-Fan

2 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

Ironically I think we are more likely to see new arrivals with a new manager and less likely with Bullen