Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

24 minutes ago, Night King said:

The Hector thing is a bit strange. Wonder why no ones snapped him up yet? Chelsea can’t be asking for that much surely. He’s out of contract at the end of the season and he’s no where near featuring for Chelsea. He’s not young enough for them to persevere with and they have let plenty of players leave even with there transfer ban. 

Will he be on holiday? Wasn’t he away with jamaica recently? 

30 minutes ago, Quist said:

I am not wrong. I will try and answer all your points in one post.

Firstly we had no official sanction against us we acted and agreed to soft embargo with EFL. Birmingham signed a player when under similar soft embargo and were referred to disciplinary commission who imposed a sanction against them. So it is absolutely stupid to equate our soft embargo with official sanction Birmingham received. I did not answer early comment about this as I thought not worthy of answer.

This year we have a an embargo for failing to put in accounts on time. I do not know regulations about this but appears we accepted in breach and agreed to have all signings approved by EFL. This has been applied by journalists but could be wrong and may have been more involved.

The point you make about teams ignoring advice and being referred to disciplinary commission is a worthy point and in future you will probably see some teams take punishment this way. Until Birmingham very few knew how punishments would exactly work it was only when judgement was posted it was realised. Not many keen to be trailblazer. YOu have 3 year period to get promotion and go for it if you fail will take a while to get back under control. If accept sanction could get you into relegation trouble but better immediately after. If at end of next cycle they are in trouble again I am not certain if punishments handed out second time could be more sever for repeat offender but its possible.

If you have looked at how punishment works it equates a fine equivalent to losses in excess of £39 million loss which is permitted level. the pay a penalty for this. Hence it would be wrong in whatever way you look at it for more than a £26 million loss be brought forward from two previous years or would be paying twice for same loss. This can not be hard for anybody to see surely. If we broke even every year and lost £90 million in one year. How many times would you expect us to be punished. The answer is once it would be severe but all imposed in one year. If it was rolled forward regardless as suggested we would get punished 3 times which is surely wrong. I know this is not realistic example but I use this to illustrate where trying to apply punishment over a rolling period gets extremely complicated when a punishment has been dished out.

The system is flawed it is not fit for purpose it is supposed to stop clubs getting into difficulty and in my opinion will have opposite effect. The parachute payments need addressing. At other end you have fiasco of Bolton who were given green light they bought and loaned players they could not pay for and players not paid for 4 months. if you are trying to prevent problems they have got it wrong.

It's not really hard to understand your posting in wrong section 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Night King said:

The Hector thing is a bit strange. Wonder why no ones snapped him up yet? Chelsea can’t be asking for that much surely. He’s out of contract at the end of the season and he’s no where near featuring for Chelsea. He’s not young enough for them to persevere with and they have let plenty of players leave even with there transfer ban. 

Maybe clubs consider the number of consistently good seasons he has had and consider last season a one off??

Or he is waiting for 1st August and a bit of free cash at s6

44 minutes ago, Night King said:

Could it be he has signed a pre contract agreement with us hence not going anywhere else ?

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, tomo2001 said:

Could it be he has signed a pre contract agreement with us hence not going anywhere else ?

Cant sign a pre-contract with a year still to run on his existing contract. 

It depends how you weigh it up with Rhodes, a lot of people say he doesn’t suit the modern game but given service he will score you goals.  

Now we’ve got the added options on the wings hopefully he’ll get that. I’d start him and Fletcher first game. Fletch can link play, let Rhodes sit in the box 

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It depends how you weigh it up with Rhodes, a lot of people say he doesn’t suit the modern game but given service he will score you goals.  

Now we’ve got the added options on the wings hopefully he’ll get that. I’d start him and Fletcher first game. Fletch can link play, let Rhodes sit in the box 

I would not be happy about that, but if it happened, who would be the two midfield players?

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Agree.

Injuries and suspensions will play a part for the 1st few games at least (Iorfa and possibly FF).

Westwood

Odabajo    Lees   Borner   Palmer

Harris     Bannan   Hutch   Reach

Fletch  Rhodes

Picks itself really, until Iorfa, FF and Hector (hopefully) are available.

2 hours ago, Night King said:

Been thinking that myself.

8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Just gonna throw this out there before people start begging for his return ...

Ben Marshall is absolute garbage 

Funny, he speaks so well of you. lol

Edited by Spookone

2 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Agree.

Injuries and suspensions will play a part for the 1st few games at least (Iorfa and possibly FF).

Westwood

Fletch  Rhodes

Thats a good team , but you cant rely on Hutch , he is made of buscuit . Still need to sign a midfield enforcer .

Edited by S36 OWL

3 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Agree.

Westwood

Fletch  Rhodes

Kieren Lee?