Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

Personally I'd pass. He's nothing special now and it seems like he has problems that he needs to address. Do we need the baggage?

The suggestion that Bullen would go for him concerns me.

If bullen got the job this would be the type of player we would sign. Lee's got no contacts no experience and in my mind not good enough so he would sign players he knows

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

The right three in midfield will make a lot of difference. Get Bannan higher up to supply them and I think that three will surprise you this season. Especially Fletcher.

I think that front three, and the current midfield, won’t even get us in the top half. 

Just now, pazowl55 said:

The right three in midfield will make a lot of difference. Get Bannan higher up to supply them and I think that three will surprise you this season. Especially Fletcher.

Fools hope that. No offense, but it is.

Harris' best ever season he has 4 goals

Fletcher is 12 (in England)

Reach is 8

Even if you're generous and say that all three will better their best ever season in their careers by 50%, they'll still "only" manage ~35 goals between the three of them. And I'd hazard I'm being reyt generous with that extra 50% too. It's not a bad front three, but it isn't prolific. It's extremely rare that players suddenly massively increase their goal tallies from season to season... but here's hoping eh

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think that front three, and the current midfield, won’t even get us in the top half. 

We do need a midfielder enforcer type to let Bannan push further up would agree with that.

But with Odubajo at full back aswell now that will help us going forward.

Like I said as things stand I think that's our best front three.

Guest wilyfox
12 minutes ago, prowl said:

How can you say that, he's been scoring for fun in the friendlies?

Let's give him a couple of minutes in the first game of the season before we get on his case.

Oh I agree, it's good to see him scoring pre-season, albeit with muted celebration. I guess what I've been hoping to see or hear from Jordan is an interview saying how determined he is to turn things around here, given how things have been. But all we've heard this summer is the club looking to offload a player who seemingly still wants out. I do believe in his abilities, but I prefer committed players that want to be here and give all for the shirt. 

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Reach is 8

Even if you're generous and say that all three will better their best ever season in their careers by 50%, they'll still "only" manage ~35 goals between the three of them. And I'd hazard I'm being reyt generous with that extra 50% too. It's not a bad front three, but it isn't prolific. It's extremely rare that players suddenly massively increase their goal tallies from season to season... but here's hoping eh

An offensive manager will make all the difference. Depends who we get.

What are our better options?

That front three will bring a better balance to the team to help get results rather than just score a load of goals. And lose say 4-3. 

9 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Oh I agree, it's good to see him scoring pre-season, albeit with muted celebration. I guess what I've been hoping to see or hear from Jordan is an interview saying how determined he is to turn things around here, given how things have been. But all we've heard this summer is the club looking to offload a player who seemingly still wants out. I do believe in his abilities, but I prefer committed players that want to be here and give all for the shirt. 

I think the only way he will be committed to the shirt is if he got an opportunity to get in the team, score goals and the fans get behind him. After all... he arrived, didn't have the service and then was barely used and since has been on loan. We haven't really ever given him the opportunity. I'd like to see him have one last crack, especially if it's a loan we are looking at to move him on.

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The problem is that you have to live in the real world, not theory.

In theory FF and Joao should be tearing teams apart in this league but when was the last time they did it. I have supported them because of their ability but my patience is running out.

We see the odd wonder goal, because the pair have immense talent, but to get a team promoted in this league it is more about consistency than the odd wonder goal and to be honest neither of them look like they care enough.

A managers nightmare.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

In theory FF and Joao should be tearing teams apart in this league but when was the last time they did it. I have supported them because of their ability but my patience is running out.

We see the odd wonder goal, because the pair have immense talent, but to get a team promoted in this league it is more about consistency than the odd wonder goal and to be honest neither of them look like they care enough.

A managers nightmare.

Exactly we need a front three that will work. Which is why I have gone with Reach, Harris and Fletcher as I think that will.

25 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Reach is 8

spot on bud

6 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

A managers nightmare.

our current strikers are not good enough,without Fletcher we are wee wee poor,he carried us last year and unless Rhodes does something expect the same ,

6 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

our current strikers are not good enough,without Fletcher we are wee wee poor,he carried us last year and unless Rhodes does something expect the same ,

Yep apart from Fletcher none are good enough. So we have to try something else that might work.

I'm warming to this idea

Still only 28 and a freebie

Can put a ball on a sixpence with either foot

Played right back a lot for Blackburn so can cover other positions

Probably wouldn't be a regular, but handy to bring in if we need a goal

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

4 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Ben Marshall on a free...  Let's be reyt' ... Is about as good of a signing as we can realistically expect to make in our situation. 

I'd take him. 

But if means bullen as manager then it's a no from me

11 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Ben Marshall on a free...  Let's be reyt' ... Is about as good of a signing as we can realistically expect to make in our situation. 

I'd take him. 

Truth be told, been sick of the obsession with him over the last few seasons. 

But, on a free, able to play RWB, RW, LW... and obviously a little bit of a cult status amongst the fanbase... I think he'd be a cracking utility player to have to help bolster several positions at once.

Can't believe I'm saying this but yeah... let's get him 

2 hours ago, oldishowl said:

A managers nightmare.

Yes, I understand that, and we absolutely do need a new centre forward. Maybe Joao and Forestieri don’t have the consistency to get us promoted, but they do offer the promise, that something might happen. They also entertain. With Fletcher, you get lots of huff and puff, but not much else. He also won’t lead us to promotion

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, I understand that, and we absolutely do need a new centre forward. Maybe Joao and Forestieri don’t have the consistency to get us promoted, but they do offer the promise, that something might happen. They also entertain. With Fletcher, you get lots of huff and puff, but not much else. He also won’t lead us to promotion

Not single handedly no. But if we do go up he would have been an integral part of it.