Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Agree.

Injuries and suspensions will play a part for the 1st few games at least (Iorfa and possibly FF).

Westwood

Odabajo    Lees   Borner   Palmer

Harris     Bannan   Hutch   Reach

Fletch  Rhodes

Picks itself really, until Iorfa, FF and Hector (hopefully) are available.

Urggh...that line up has all the traits of football from a bygone era imo.Too lightweight in midfield against any half decent Championship side, think we'd get overrun. Fletcher and Rhodes can't drop back in to midfield like Hooper or to a lesser extent FF did. Fletcher is quite switched  on and would try to fill in the gaps but he hasn't got the game for it, plus we need him up front to stand a chance of holding the ball up. Rhodes even at his best is pretty poo at anything other than putting the ball in the net so that rules him out of that job and tbf you wouldn't want to see him trying to be Hooper in that 10 role as it would pretty painful to watch. 

Bruce saw that we were weak in midfield and almost exclusively set up 4411 to give us some numbers centrally...and to give FF a chance to play as a no.10. 

I think we need three in the centre, probably Hutch, Bannan and Lee but if we go with that in whatever formation I just can't see where the goals are coming from.

5 hours ago, Quist said:

If you have looked at how punishment works it equates a fine equivalent to losses in excess of £39 million loss which is permitted level. the pay a penalty for this. Hence it would be wrong in whatever way you look at it for more than a £26 million loss be brought forward from two previous years or would be paying twice for same loss. This can not be hard for anybody to see surely. If we broke even every year and lost £90 million in one year. How many times would you expect us to be punished. The answer is once it would be severe but all imposed in one year. If it was rolled forward regardless as suggested we would get punished 3 times which is surely wrong. I know this is not realistic example but I use this to illustrate where trying to apply punishment over a rolling period gets extremely complicated when a punishment has been dished out.

The system is flawed it is not fit for purpose it is supposed to stop clubs getting into difficulty and in my opinion will have opposite effect. The parachute payments need addressing. At other end you have fiasco of Bolton who were given green light they bought and loaned players they could not pay for and players not paid for 4 months. if you are trying to prevent problems they have got it wrong.

I think you're getting your wires crossed with what you believe to be morally right and, what the rules actually state. 

In your argument you mention it would be wrong to fetch more than 26m forward why? Would it be wrong to fetch profits forward? Clubs are also allowed to make a profit. The rules are as clear as day. You aren't permitted to make losses of more than 39m in a rolling 3 year period, if you do, you're sanctioned.

If you make a huge loss, that's your own problem, you need to post a profit to rectify this, that's exactly the reason we've sold our ground along with the likes of Derby. Your point about double punishment again, isn't entirely true, if a team was punished in 2018, they will still be punished in 2019 if the previous three years losses equate to more than 39m. I'll say it again, teams are allowed to post a profit to counter previous years losses. 

I completely agree with you with regards to it being a complete snd utter shambles. It definitely doesn't create a level playing field and, is absolutely flawed but, it is what it is and, we have to abide by that. Hopefully we'll be a lot wiser in the coming years and approach it from a more sustainable point of view like Derby. They're comercially fantastic but, they have great relationships with the top clubs, buy players at the right age at the right price and, sell them at the right time. They have a business model, we're only just finding our feet. 

Apologies for posting in this thread, It's rude to ignore someone, it will be my last post on this subject. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Been linked with Ben Marshall today, but says it’s a Bullen target if he gets the job. 

I know everyone says we shouldnt live in the past but he is on a free and exactly the type of winger we need. Fits the Wallace mould that weve been missing since he departed.

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Been linked with Ben Marshall today, but says it’s a Bullen target if he gets the job. 

Had his contract canceled yday by mutual consent. Available on a free. Fantastic crosser with either foot. Tempting...

3 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

I know everyone says we shouldnt live in the past but he is on a free and exactly the type of winger we need. Fits the Wallace mould that weve been missing since he departed.

I actually agree, we are really lacking out wide as we are just down to Reach and Harris. So at 28 and for free he’s proven he’s more than capable at this level, I’d be happy. 

Guest wilyfox
15 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Where's the link mate? 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

It’s in the paper

Can you post a pic of the article for all to savour? 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I despair

Yes I suppose you would, because he's Caucasian and can't run 100m sub 10 seconds. 

8 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

0F5D4864-4B1A-4223-90C0-1F3B11B330DA.jpeg

Let's party like it's 2011!

TBH, on a free transfer, worth looking at. We're short of wide players. Wouldn't get in the team ahead of Reach or Harris, but improves the squad and gives options from the bench that we don't currently have .

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Let's party like it's 2011!

TBH, on a free transfer, worth looking at. We're short of wide players. Wouldn't get in the team ahead of Reach or Harris, but improves the squad and gives options from the bench that we don't currently have .

Exactly. Doesn’t break the bank, fans already a big fan and it’s a position we are in desperate need of adding too.