Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

That would be a shock, and not a good sign in my opinion Too much upheaval

How do you mean upheaval? 

Thing that worries me is he played 30 times last term, mostly from midfield and only has one assist. That type of potency makes Fox / Palmer look prolific. 

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That would be a shock, and not a good sign in my opinion Too much upheaval

An out of contract player who's played under Bruce before and he's only 25. 

Pretty straight forward I'd say. 

4 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Quite a lot of people on twitter claiming this. Not a reliable source but we will see.

My source is reliable. 

10 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

How do you mean upheaval? 

Thing that worries me is he played 30 times last term, mostly from midfield and only has one assist. That type of potency makes Fox / Palmer look prolific. 

Well yes, that as well. No I mean, if we are bringing in a RB, a LB, and 2 cb’s, it’s too much upheaval for a unit that, once Westwood was reinstated, performed pretty solidly. Plus, if you move that forward, we also require 2 cmf and 2 wide men, also could do with adding some pace up front. It’s too much, we are into the realms of Carlos’s year two recruitment Surely, it has to be quality over quantity, and targeting our top priorities

Edited by gurujuan

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well yes, that as well. No I mean, if we are bringing in a RB, a LB, and 2 cb’s, it’s too much upheaval for a unit that, once Westwood was reinstated, performed pretty solidly. Plus, if you move that forward, we also require 2 cmf and 2 wide men, also could do with adding some pace up front. It’s too much, we are into the realms of Carlos’s year two recruitment Surely, it has to be quality over quantity, and targeting our top priorities

Guess depends where he plays if signed, despite me thinking he was a right back, most of last seasons appearances were left sided and midfield. If he’s the wide player we’re missing that makes more sense than RB. 

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Guess depends where he plays if signed, despite me thinking he was a right back, most of last seasons appearances were left sided and midfield. If he’s the wide player we’re missing that makes more sense than RB. 

That would I suppose, Just want us to avoid double figure recruiting, as it generally causes more problems than it solves. As was mentioned elsewhere, our form since Jos left, wasn’t far off promotion form. If we can add 5 or 6 quality players, in the positions needed, then we can really mount a challenge. Remember when we were in a similar position post Wembley, only needing 3 or 4 targeted signings We ended up signing 11 players that summer

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That would I suppose, Just want us to avoid double figure recruiting, as it generally causes more problems than it solves. As was mentioned elsewhere, our form since Jos left, wasn’t far off promotion form. If we can add 5 or 6 quality players, in the positions needed, then we can really mount a challenge. Remember when we were in a similar position post Wembley, only needing 3 or 4 targeted signings We ended up signing 11 players that summer

That reminds me of Jones after we got promoted. We had a great team spirit and he destroyed it by changing things too fast. Yes we needed better but do it gradually, let the team evolve. We ended up with Jones's old players who were so far past it they couldn't even make up field to take a corner.

At present we need to strengthen our weakest positions and introduce a bit of pace, we don't need wholesale change for change sake.

Bruce will do what's best, let's wait and see.

Always makes me chuckle when people are worried about the order we announce signings, as if it means we aren’t also looking to sign other positions, like wingers and defensive midfielders.  

Clearly the first stage is snapping up the players available on a free transfer, which is dependant on when those players choose to decide what club to sign for. That can often be after their summer holiday with their families into June. 

So far the potential signings of Borner (CB/DM) and Odubajo (RB/RM) seems good to me 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We can’t keep that defence together alone though as there’s no depth and no pace.

Im all for wholesale change to be honest with the core spine of the team remaining in place ie Westwood, Lees, Hutchinson, Lee, Reach, Fletcher. 

Recruitment in big numbers still yielded two playoffs. Not being able to make big changes has since cost us.

Edited by Bluesteel

2 hours ago, camffiti said:

£15mil for Reece James and someone on here, suggested a combined fee of £12mil for Reach, Forrestieri & Joao 

Posters on here criminally undervalue our players. 

The market has moved on (and not for the better), and good Championship players demand a high price. The club should absolutely look to maximise the crazy market. If clubs are seriously interested in the players, they'll pay the prices. 

41 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yeah but we didn't lose the same number of first team players as we have done in the past week. The new signings may well be squad replacements and not necessarily first choice (although you wouldn't say that to their face). I'd see Odubajo as first choice but Borner as more of a squad replacement primarily.

2 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Posters on here criminally undervalue our players. 

The market has moved on (and not for the better), and good Championship players demand a high price. The club should absolutely look to maximise the crazy market. If clubs are seriously interested in the players, they'll pay the prices. 

Agree with the undervaluing. Happens all the time.

I think FFP and so many clubs hitting the limits will drive prices down a bit though.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Agree with the undervaluing. Happens all the time.

I think FFP and so many clubs hitting the limits will drive prices down a bit though.

Every year, they'll be clubs who edge closer to the P&S limits. Forest had a couple of seasons of calm, Norwich did, Leeds also. Three big clubs in the division. But still big money was been thrown about. It won't be all that much different, now those clubs are replaced by Wednesday, Villa and Derby. 

But every year, three more teams come down with the huge amounts of cash in parachute payments, along with ambitions of an instant return. 

There's also three clubs who get promoted to the Premier League who often look to sign the top end Championship players to bolster their squads. 

I'm not convinced that prices are suddenly going to nose dive. In fact, there's probably more evidence to suggest they'll continue to rise. 

3 hours ago, camffiti said:

£15mil for Reece James and someone on here, suggested a combined fee of £12mil for Reach, Forrestieri & Joao 

Yep, it was me - I said £12m with add ons possibly taking it up to £15m as a guess.

Reece James is 19 years old, has performed brilliantly and consistently this season and is on a long-term contract. 

João, Forestieri and Reach are all 25 or older, haven’t performed consistently this season and Forestieri is into the last year of his contract.

I’d be delighted if we could get more for them, but even in the mad world of the Championship I’m not expecting miracles. We may find that DC and SB don’t want to sell them anyway.

5 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Does look a good prospect.

But surely Martial and Rashford are miles better than him at the moment and they cant get nothing out of them.

Bruce may get a little out of Man U given their relationship. James may well be a loan opportunity if he struggles to land a shirt.