Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

21 minutes ago, camffiti said:

KFA news from Twitter ... 

We are to sign and double the wages of Luton's James Collins  

Looks like a fake journalist twitter page. 

However, I'd be surprised if we were targeting a striker at this stage.

As it stands, we still have an abundance of striking options, and until a couple of faces in that department leave, I can't see Bruce risking been lumbered with too many options in that department. 

That said, Collins' goalscoring record is very impressive. But will he realistically be an improvement on Fletcher? 

2 hours ago, sage owl said:

Good answer but the point I was trying to make was even in a team full of pace there can still be room for a big lump that can play a bit. 

Accept that but we have too many that lack energy and pace, therefore think all signings in midfield, wings forwards will fit this profile. 

29 minutes ago, camffiti said:

KFA news from Twitter ... 

We are to sign and double the wages of Luton's James Collins  

Used to be best mates with Bazza a few years ago (both in Villa academy)

59 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Looks like a fake journalist twitter page. 

However, I'd be surprised if we were targeting a striker at this stage.

As it stands, we still have an abundance of striking options, and until a couple of faces in that department leave, I can't see Bruce risking been lumbered with too many options in that department. 

That said, Collins' goalscoring record is very impressive. But will he realistically be an improvement on Fletcher? 

Joao will probably be going as Bruce said he can leave. Rhodes hopefully too. Hooper gone so another would be welcome

2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

So far the potential signings of Borner (CB/DM) and Odubajo (RB/RM) seems good to me 

Borner has only ever played once as DM in over 200 games. I'm not sure if people are confusing him with someone else, but he'll not be playing DM here, if he comes.

6 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Borner has only ever played once as DM in over 200 games. I'm not sure if people are confusing him with someone else, but he'll not be playing DM here, if he comes.

He will be  part of the squad SB is building, can play in 3 positions even though he is predominantly a centre back. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Nope I’m not confusing him with someone else personally, hence I put CB as his main position and DM as back up. News articles I’ve seen say he can also play In midfield 

17 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I like Odubajo when I’ve seen him. The fact that he missed a whole season not so long ago is a massive worry though. 

It is, I agree, but he played 35 games last season and on a free, presumably short term deal, could be decent business. 

If we're shopping in the free transfer market, will have some baggage. 

A fit Odubajo is one of the best full backs in the division. 

I trust Bruce to get him on the right deal, and that he's as over his injury concerns as any professional footballer can be.

If Odubajo signs and plays 40+ games...he'll be an absolute snip on a free transfer. 

That said...if Lee and Westwood sign on, and add to that Hutchinson and Forestieri still on the books...that's already five players within the squad who have either had recent bad injuries or are known to be wholly unreliable when it comes to playing games regularly. 

I think this early activity is just what we need. 

Get in there early doors and get who we want or move on if we don't.

Then the players are there for pre- season and Bruce has got what he wants to work with

25 minutes ago, gazzamk2 said:

I think this early activity is just what we need. 

Get in there early doors and get who we want or move on if we don't.

Then the players are there for pre- season and Bruce has got what he wants to work with

Yep, makes a refreshing change.  

I've lost count over the years the amount of times we left it late while other clubs were picking up players.  

Hopefully the new transfer deadline will encourage teams to get all their business done early.  

It's going to be an exciting summer for sure.