Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Nobody can argue we do not need a centre half. I think we need two at least to be solid at back for season. 

Van Aken was offered out on loan at mid season transfer window, its unlikely he will play a part. Thorniley is small for centre back and slow and think this signing indicates he may well be moved on as well. We probably need a right sided centre half and I liked Hector when he played on this side of pitch.

Get feeling hinges on door need greasing as going to be lots of activity.

1 minute ago, Quist said:

Nobody can argue we do not need a centre half. I think we need two at least to be solid at back for season. 

Van Aken was offered out on loan at mid season transfer window, its unlikely he will play a part. Thorniley is small for centre back and slow and think this signing indicates he may well be moved on as well. We probably need a right sided centre half and I liked Hector when he played on this side of pitch.

Get feeling hinges on door need greasing as going to be lots of activity.

Agree we need two centre backs, one left one right. Personally, Id like to see us sign a young understudy to Lees, and bring Hector back as a powerhouse defensive midfielder. Wishful thinking I guess

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The jury’s out for me

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The jury’s out for me

19 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The jury’s out for me

So, I take it that's a yes from you.

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Agree we need two centre backs, one left one right. Personally, Id like to see us sign a young understudy to Lees, and bring Hector back as a powerhouse defensive midfielder. Wishful thinking I guess

Hector too slow to be type of midfield player SB wants. If you read comments on Lee he wants players who cover 12k to 15k per game. Lee has covered 14k in games. Hector will get nowhere near that. Would not be a surprise to see Lee not start or be moved on. 

1 hour ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Brentford fans gutted about odubajo 

can play both full back positions I believe and made over 30 apps last season , it’s a yes from me!

Me too mate. Saw him rip Leeds apart on sky the other week. Pace, power ,and an eye for a pass. 

1 minute ago, Quist said:

Hector too slow to be type of midfield player SB wants. If you read comments on Lee he wants players who cover 12k to 15k per game. Lee has covered 14k in games. Hector will get nowhere near that. Would not be a surprise to see Lee not start or be moved on. 

I’ve seen quite a bit of Hector in the Hutchinson role, when he played for Reading, believe me, he’s pretty impressive. If we are playing with a back four, then we need a Hutchinson/Hector type player sat in front. The former won’t be able to play every game, and we don’t have anyone else to play there

7 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Me too mate. Saw him rip Leeds apart on sky the other week. Pace, power ,and an eye for a pass. 

also apparently according to Brentford fans has a degenerative hip condition, so would fit perfectly in with us :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I’ve seen quite a bit of Hector in the Hutchinson role, when he played for Reading, believe me, he’s pretty impressive. If we are playing with a back four, then we need a Hutchinson/Hector type player sat in front. The former won’t be able to play every game, and we don’t have anyone else to play there

He is not capable of playing role Bruce wants. We were struggling for cover in centre last few games and we had cover a centre back available but not used. I think his best position by country mile is centre back. I saw him play for Reading and he was very raw but played with courage. His best games were at centre back.

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

also apparently according to Brentford fans has a degenerative hip condition, so would fit perfectly in with us :ph34r:

If he has a knackered knee and dodgy hip, we just need to shred his hamstrings to ensure he gets through one of our medicals. 

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Arguably his best game for us was away at Villa where he played most of the 2nd half in a holding role/tracking Grealish

Surprised with Börner. I thought we would go all out for Hector. We also have Thorniley and JVA whilst I don’t rate the latter. Odubajo also concerns me given we have 2 right backs.

Id personally target 1 centre half, 1 left back, defensive midfielder, box to box midfielder and 2 wingers or wide attackers. 

I’d like to see us take a look at this CJ Hamilton from our favourite club mansfield.  This kid has some searing pace and left footed. Seen him several times this season and he’s dangerous.  Worth a look steve if you’re reading. Lol. 

39 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Ifora as come as a centre back if you listen to his interview 

Just now, bladeshater said:

Ifora as come as a centre back if you listen to his interview 

To get him for the price we did I bet we also promised him the night time services of little mix twice a week as well. Don't mean he's going to get it lol