Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

4 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

If Brentford were happy to let Odubajo go it suggests clubs might have a bit more leverage in contract negotiations, perhaps in terms of putting in a pay-as-you-play emphasis on appearance fees or a club option on an extra year.

Brentford did have the option of an extra year, I believe, but chose not to use it. Brentford fans seem to rate him, however, and he did play over 30 games for them.

3 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Yep, it was me - I said £12m with add ons possibly taking it up to £15m as a guess.

Reece James is 19 years old, has performed brilliantly and consistently this season and is on a long-term contract. 

João, Forestieri and Reach are all 25 or older, haven’t performed consistently this season and Forestieri is into the last year of his contract.

I’d be delighted if we could get more for them, but even in the mad world of the Championship I’m not expecting miracles. We may find that DC and SB don’t want to sell them anyway.

Behave, Reach has performed consistently and every championship club would have him in a heartbeat. Our fans always seem to under rate and under value our players (until they move) strange lot

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Willis is a centre half 

Looking at info from local press, he's said to be a versatile defender. At 5'11" could be a little short for Championship CB, however.

Luton apparently are in pole position to sign him though ourselves, Bristol City and Derby have shown interest. 

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, jack whitham said:

Nixon just told me Rhodes not staying at Norwich.

Santa's just told me he's coming on December 25th :biggrin:

Next season we need to go back to having two players for each position.

Westwood, Dawson

Iorfa, Palmer, Lees, (Hector?), (Borner?), Thorniley, Fox, Lazaar

Reach, Odubajo, Lee, Hutchinson, Bannan, (new CM), Forestieri, (new LM)

Fletcher, Rhodes, Nuhiu, (new ST)

I’d also keep Pelupessy - fit, reliable and works hard. Penney is also a player I’d have in the squad. 

That means trying to offload Van Aken, Winnall and Joao. I think the two strikers could be shifted, whether clubs are willing to meet Chansiri’s valuation remains to be seen. 

Not gonna lie, none of these names are interesting me 

No idea about Börner , Odubajo is a bit of a ‘meh’ yeh alright he’s got pace but im not a beleiver that pace is everything and he’s a huge risk on the fitness front 

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Not gonna lie, none of these names are interesting me 

No idea about Börner , Odubajo is a bit of a ‘meh’ yeh alright he’s got pace but im not a beleiver that pace is everything and he’s a huge risk on the fitness front 

In Bruce we trust.

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Westwood, Dawson

I’d also keep Pelupessy - fit, reliable and works hard. Penney is also a player I’d have in the squad. 

That means trying to offload Van Aken, Winnall and Joao. I think the two strikers could be shifted, whether clubs are willing to meet Chansiri’s valuation remains to be seen. 

if the Jérémie Bela rumour has any substance then that's a good shout on the left wing as hes got pace about him and chips in with a goal or two 

2 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

if the Jérémie Bela rumour has any substance then that's a good shout on the left wing as hes got pace about him and chips in with a goal or two 

That rumour came from one of those attention seeking twitter accounts with about 30 followers...

22 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Westwood, Dawson

Move fox on and have Penney and another ie Lazaar for lb. we know Palmer can fill in there and with Odubajo he can also cover right back.

25 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Westwood, Dawson

Pelupessy is miles off the standard required, get rid

5 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

That rumour came from one of those attention seeking twitter accounts with about 30 followers...

Hence me saying if it has any substance also he would fit in with what were looking for 

Edited by westy365owl

47 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Westwood, Dawson

We really need a goalscorer don't we. Fed up of having 500 strikers and none of them can get fit, get a good partnership together, get enough game time without being rotated and bloody hit the back of the net enough times. We've not had an over 15 goalscorer at this level since 1990 or something. Flipping Leon Clarke even managed 18. 

12 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

We really need a goalscorer don't we. Fed up of having 500 strikers and none of them can get fit, get a good partnership together, get enough game time without being rotated and bloody hit the back of the net enough times. We've not had an over 15 goalscorer at this level since 1990 or something. Flipping Leon Clarke even managed 18. 

Welcome back Jordan Rhodes, Jim and Fletcher will be dynamite next season.