Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

51 minutes ago, Quist said:

Over 97% of life on earth (species) that existed is now extinct. For example Dinosaurs early mammals and thousands still becoming extinct at moment its known as evolution.

Don't be a Dodo...ahh I see.

2 hours ago, fpowl said:

I can see Tom lees sat on our bench next year. Not a Criticism to him I just see Bruce improving the squad and making the changes  

I’ve thought for a while now whether the time has come for him to move on. Solid championship defender but he’s seems to have lost a bit of sparkle over the last two seasons and perhaps he needs a move himself to get him going again?

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Over 97% of life on earth (species) that existed is now extinct. For example Dinosaurs early mammals and thousands still becoming extinct at moment its known as evolution.

Like the lesser spotted Abdi for example 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I’ve thought for a while now whether the time has come for him to move on. Solid championship defender but he’s seems to have lost a bit of sparkle over the last two seasons and perhaps he needs a move himself to get him going again?

His performances were patchy at times last season, granted, but on form, he’s a good defender at this level. The defence looked pretty solid once we got Westwood back in goal, so I’m wary of too many changes. We know we are crying out for a decent left back, and I hope we are pulling out all the stops to try and get Hector back. If this new guy comes in as a replacement for Van Aken, who sadly hasn’t worked out, then fair enough Competition for places is good

We have been linked with Coventry defender, Jordan Willis, who is definitely on his way given the interest shown by several Championship clubs. A free transfer, normally plays RB.  Could be SB thinking of playing Palmer at LB as he has done quite well there. He's 24 and the sort of age that would fit in with our current transfer policy as outlined by SB.

Just now, camffiti said:

£15mil for Reece James and someone on here, suggested a combined fee of £12mil for Reach, Forrestieri & Joao 

Reece James was outstanding last season, and I suppose given his age, he will command that sort of fee. He won’t be loaned to any championship side next season, but his full back partner this season, Antonee Robinson might. He was not far behind James during his time at Wigan, and I’m sure Everton would loan him out again He’d solve our left back problem

3 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

We have been linked with Coventry defender, Jordan Willis, who is definitely on his way given the interest shown by several Championship clubs. A free transfer, normally plays RB.  Could be SB thinking of playing Palmer at LB as he has done quite well there. He's 24 and the sort of age that would fit in with our current transfer policy as outlined by SB.

He started as a right back, but he’s been starring as a centre back, albeit a very small one

22 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

Daniel James could be an option on loan if Man Utd are signing him, clearly not ready to push Martial etc

If this was the case then he would be going back to Swansea as part of the deal I would imagine.

10 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Do we think taking the captaincy off Lees is worth it or would it cause too much of a ruction in the dressing room? 

Personally I’ve never been convinced he’s embraced the role in the same way that Loovens did. He’s a great servant for the club, don’t get me wrong, I just don’t know if he relishes the leadership role or if he’d be happier just quietly getting on with it and leaving the organising and motivating to somebody else.

The role of captain is over stated. You don't need to be captain to organise and motivate. Indeed, apart from youngsters at the start of their careers, it should be a basic requirement of all players to be able to organise those around them and to motivate, encourage, cajole.

18 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I’m with you with quality over quantity, but we need a high energy engine room. Big question marks about the ability of Hutchinson and Lee to play two games a week, and Grant and Kirby are not proven. I think we need two.

I agree. One holding and one who can beat a player and get into the opponents box.

3 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Leeds fans won’t be happy, looks like Man U are signing Daniel James from Swansea. A player they nearly signed last year.

Lightning quick winger. Looks a proper player.

That could be good for us. Man U buy him and Bruce, er.. gets him for us on loan - lovely. 

4 hours ago, Quist said:

The world moves on. Those who do not change and adapt, perish. This is true of everything. Over 97% of life on earth is now extinct, look at largest companies in UK when you were a boy and look now how many are the same names, look at high street how many famous shops are no longer present. Football is just the same it changes and in last few years has changed rapidly. Rhodes is proof of this, change in systems and style made him redundant at this level. managers who win things once and fail afterwards they have not adapted and stick with formula that brought them success not realising you have to change to succeed again.

What I like about Bruce is has shown an ability to embrace change which is required if you are to succeed as a manager.

By the way I am not saying all change is for the better but its a fact.

Good answer but the point I was trying to make was even in a team full of pace there can still be room for a big lump that can play a bit.