Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

14 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Dream scenario would be now the accounts are sorted we have about £10m in the transfer kitty. Which would have allowed us to bid £3m on the likes of Turnbull and similar on Hector...

i have a feeling Hector will be back with us soon anyway 

Im more confident of signing Hector after this share issue news.

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Im more confident of signing Hector after this share issue news.

Hope so , DC has a second chance now at competing for promotion let's hope he gets it right this time, Bruce best person to have we have always said we needed a good English manager

• Like 1

If a new cash injection is true and we can spend money on players, I hope we've learnt our lesson of the past few years. 

Strength in places that need it, no vanity signings, no long term contracts to crocks. Faith in Bruce can sort it though. 

7 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

If a new cash injection is true and we can spend money on players, I hope we've learnt our lesson of the past few years. 

Strength in places that need it, no vanity signings, no long term contracts to crocks. Faith in Bruce can sort it though. 

We have Bruce and his backroom team in place this time not some random consortium with a journeyman head coach tht knows very little about English football. It's looking better already

My shopping list would include Hector and Morsy, if possible, plus some frees and some quality loanees. But as long as Bruce is gonna be backed, we can trust him a lot more than previous managers, even if we still .have to sacrifice some players, it's all good as long as Bruce can wheel and deal and bring in players to suit how he wants to play. We just needed a bit of patience but things are sounding more positive if true, cos a manager like Bruce deserves to be respected, backed and trusted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Derby, Bristol and Hull going in for Sammy Smzodics at Colchester 

cracking little player 

Agreed. Already proved as too good for League Two, at right age, and out of contract so will be available for compensation fee.

Another Colchester player that impressed me was Courtney Senior. Quick, agile and very skilful.

I’d be tempted to go for Scott Hogan from Villa. Bruce signed him, could maybe get him on a loan deal. Did play for the Pigs last year but hardly pulled up any trees for them. 

Could be a 20 goal a season man if rediscovers his form. I think the ship has sailed for Rhodes or Winnall to be that man at Wednesday, hopefully both will

be moved on. 

Wigan have offered £1-9m for Everton left back Antonee Robinson. He was excellent on loan for them last season, and is just the type of attacking left back we should be looking to, big, strong with electric pace and a great left foot.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d be tempted to go for Scott Hogan from Villa. Bruce signed him, could maybe get him on a loan deal. Did play for the Pigs last year but hardly pulled up any trees for them. 

Could be a 20 goal a season man if rediscovers his form. I think the ship has sailed for Rhodes or Winnall to be that man at Wednesday, hopefully both will

be moved on. 

I'd spend on the likes of Hector and Morsy or similar, and try and uncover some gems like Bruce as done at his previous clubs? Someone on the rise or a quality loan or something, about time we got lucky and uncovered a gem like an Abraham or Maupay, whilst they're relatively unknown and before their price tag sky rockets. 

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If we are able to buy players, I hope we go for up and coming youngsters who have a re-sale value

And not aging journeymen looking for a final payday

Bruce will sign both those types, he always make that 1 signing that will go to a prem side for a decent fee

Although the EFL may well end up tapping us on the shoulder, I think next weekend will be a big one for us with announcements. I predict a couple of good surprises. Mr Chansiri loves his family so OITP is the perfect place though may be a day early? 

I'm taking the grandson to breakfast with the players so I imagine there will be at least some bratwurst available. 

They go away the day after for training camp, wouldn't surprise me to see 2-3 new faces. 

Thumbs up to Mr C. He fluffed his lines at the first attempt but is trying his threepenny bits off to put it right it seems. 

1 hour ago, 109Waddle said:

Where’ve you seen this meggo?

Some action at Companies House in relation to Sheffield Wednesday. Club appears to have increased the number of shares from 25.5 million to 46.5 million & owned now by Sheffield Wednesday Holdings Ltd rather than directly by Chansiri. Some pieces missing from jigsaw though. #SWFC https://t.co/5OJwfWAn4w

• Thanks 1