Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Wigan have offered £1-9m for Everton left back Antonee Robinson. He was excellent on loan for them last season, and is just the type of attacking left back we should be looking to, big, strong with electric pace and a great left foot.

I'll agree with you on this, saw him a fair bit the season before when he was on loan at Bolton, one of their best players in his first full season, in a crap side.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

The other thing if we have money to spend

Perhaps @Kagoshimaowl will get a good nights sleep and stop worrying

Yes finally a good nights sleep will come my way!!

23 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

You have to admire the financial backing even if you don't agree with the business methodology.

Feels like Mr Chansiri may have given Bruce a financial clean slate

Agree. 

DC/his family certainly can't be accused of not investing significant sums into the club. We just have to hope the money is invested more wisely in future, and with Bruce on board you'd like to think so. 

Fair play to DC  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d be tempted to go for Scott Hogan from Villa. Bruce signed him, could maybe get him on a loan deal. Did play for the Pigs last year but hardly pulled up any trees for them. 

Could be a 20 goal a season man if rediscovers his form. I think the ship has sailed for Rhodes or Winnall to be that man at Wednesday, hopefully both will

be moved on. 

Would like him or Kodjia.

As for the new shares, could that be an alternative to the stadium purchase and lease?

49 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Some action at Companies House in relation to Sheffield Wednesday. Club appears to have increased the number of shares from 25.5 million to 46.5 million & owned now by Sheffield Wednesday Holdings Ltd rather than directly by Chansiri. Some pieces missing from jigsaw though. #SWFC https://t.co/5OJwfWAn4w

So perhaps DC has paid to retain the asset of the stadium?

I'm not sure an increase in share capital will mean we have more money to spend. It may do but if that is the case the whole P & S system is wide open to fiddling by any club. We all know it's nonesense but this would mean it's pointles stupid ineffective nonesense.

6 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'm not sure an increase in share capital will mean we have more money to spend. It may do but if that is the case the whole P & S system is wide open to fiddling by any club. We all know it's nonesense but this would mean it's pointles stupid ineffective nonesense.

I don't think it means any extra money has been put into the club at all. My bet would be that some of DC's loans have been transferred to equity thus reducing the debt burden. That would probably mean avoiding an embargo and creating more wriggle room in the accounts to wheel and deal but not necessarily more money to buy players.

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

I don't think it means any extra money has been put into the club at all. My bet would be that some of DC's loans have been transferred to equity thus reducing the debt burden. That would probably mean avoiding an embargo and creating more wriggle room in the accounts to wheel and deal but not necessarily more money to buy players.

I think it would need an accountant looking through all the paper work to understand the implications properly. Posters jumping to the conclusion that we can now splash the cash may be wide of the mark.

Time will tell I suppose.

Scott Hogan has had an anterior cruciate knee ligament injury, which he injured again and it needed reconstruction surgery, and had a series of other injuries that’s kept him out for Villa. 

He’s also on a good wage at Villa and probably got a pay bump due to promotion. 

Could be an ideal replacement for Abdi. 

Edited by Rogers
  • Haha 6

37 minutes ago, prowl said:

I think it would need an accountant looking through all the paper work to understand the implications properly. Posters jumping to the conclusion that we can now splash the cash may be wide of the mark.

Time will tell I suppose.

It probably resets the ffp bar back towards zero meaning we can lose 39 million over next 3 years..with a manager who knows what he’s doing then hopefully we won’t need to. Sensible spending within the rules 

21 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

It probably resets the ffp bar back towards zero meaning we can lose 39 million over next 3 years..with a manager who knows what he’s doing then hopefully we won’t need to. Sensible spending within the rules 

It might not even be that good. It might just bring us under P&S limits for the last 3 years so we don't suffer an embargo, fines or points deduction. 

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Wigan have offered £1-9m for Everton left back Antonee Robinson. He was excellent on loan for them last season, and is just the type of attacking left back we should be looking to, big, strong with electric pace and a great left foot.

Haven't you spent the majority of this thread slating the club for being linked with Wigan players? 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, mogbad said:

It might not even be that good. It might just bring us under P&S limits for the last 3 years so we don't suffer an embargo, fines or points deduction. 

True. Still better than we’ve allegedly got now 

I would like to think the new share issue/ money / accounting magic will allow us to steer clear of FFP sanctions but that any investment in the squad will be funded by sales.

Irrespective of the financial position the squad needs sorting out and that includes selling as well as buying.