Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Thats true, but Bruce will know that too. We have to trust Bruce knows what he’s doing.  

If we do let Joao go I hope it is too a club like Benfica and not to someone in England 

Rhodes to Norwich is good,  Forestieri will probably have a blinder for someone else next season which will be annoying 

I trust Bruce to sort us out completely 

If ff goes anywhere itll be Fulham so yea hell probably be best player in the league for them lol.

Apart from him I wouldn't mind getting rid of the other 2

• Like 1

With regards to FFP I can see the sense in letting Rhodes and Forestieri leave the club (although personally I’d be gutted to see Fessi go) but is Hugill any better than Joao?

I know Joao has had issues with his consistency but when he got a run of games under his belt under Luhukay he looked a very good striker at this level.

I would however treat Nixon’s story with caution, it was clear last season the Bruce wasn’t a fan of Winnall so why he’s not been added to the list of strikers Bruce wants rid of is a little strange to me.

Edited by TrickyTrev

10 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

I can see the logic of shipping those three out.. Joao can't be arsed 50% of the time and wants to go Benfica, Forestieri's hamstrings are knackered, he will play a max of 20 games next season I'm sure and Rhodes dosent want to be here and his wages are hideous. Get them gone. 

Agree, Joao has ability but just isn't consistent and too often anonymous in games. 

FF hasn't really been the same player for a couple of years, shown glimpses but hampered by niggling injuries and daft suspensions. I'd also guess that his wage isn't too far behind Rhodes as one of the top earners. 

Think we (mostly) all agree Rhodes needs to go. 

Edited by striker

3 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Thats true, but Bruce will know that too. We have to trust Bruce knows what he’s doing.  

If we do let Joao go I hope it is too a club like Benfica and not to someone in England 

Rhodes to Norwich is good,  Forestieri will probably have a blinder for someone else next season which will be annoying 

I’ve thought for sometime that with the Bruno Lage link that Joao is more likely to end up at Benfica than anywhere else? I’m not sure where Forrestieri will end up, if anywhere else this season? I still think Rhodes will end up at Norwich. They want him and it would seem he wants to go there?

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Agreed but how often do they do something special? 

Sporadically, I'm not saying don't sell. Not saying don't buy Hugill either...but we would lose a bit of wow factor. 

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

With regards to FFP I can see the sense in letting Rhodes and Forestieri leave the club (although personally I’d be gutted to see Fessi go) but is Hugill any better than Joao?

I know Joao has had issues with his consistency but when he got a run of games under his belt under Luhukay he looked a very good striker at this level.

I would however treat Nixon’s story with caution, it was clear last season the Bruce wasn’t a fan of Winnall so why he’s not been added to the list of strikers Bruce wants rid of is a little strange to me.

We’re probably not asking for a fortune for Winnall given we signed him for a cut-price fee?

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

I’ve thought for sometime that with the Bruno Lage link that Joao is more likely to end up at Benfica than anywhere else? I’m not sure where Forrestieri will end up, if anywhere else this season? I still think Rhodes will end up at Norwich. They want him and it would seem he wants to go there?

Good point  could see that happening and Rhodes to Norwich. Not so sure we'll find a new home for FF and can see him running down his contract. 

26 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Winnall is Millwall bound. Been round their training ground. UTO (sorry Kev beat you to it)

lol

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Haha 1

To be fair I thought Hugill was a handful for Preston. But since his move to West Ham he’s not done much. Very similar to a fletcher, holds the ball up, bullies defenders but not an out and out goal scorer. If we’re going to trade the 3 players we are for him, I’d hope there’s another forward on Bruce’s list too.

23 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Sporadically, I'm not saying don't sell. Not saying don't buy Hugill either...but we would lose a bit of wow factor. 

Yeah we would! however I'd like to think we will sign one maybe two who can change games and have abit of showmanship and hopefully be consistent with it.

Time will tell I suppose! 

Some good points made about Forestieri been in the last year of his contract. Think his value has dropped significantly after another poor season by his standards. Somebody would take a gamble at 5 or 6 million and the sooner we can get rid of Rhodes wages the better, I’d even take a minimal fee or another loan and João is is definitely ready for a move. Again someone would gamble for 3 or 4 million. 

31 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Yes I don’t share the hilarity about Joao playing for Benfica myself. There’s no money in Portugal these days and their expectations of doing well in the champions league is the same as in Scotland. Their clubs main priority now is develop young players and sell them and build cheap squads that can win their domestic competitions.  Joao on their bench wouldn’t look out of place in their domestic games.  I wouldn’t be surprised if we sold Joao to a club like Benfica for about £3m. But clearly Chansiri is pushing for up to £8m

35 minutes ago, striker said:

Joao has ability but just isn't consistent and too often anonymous in games

He certainly does have ability, it just dosent look like the penny is going to drop with him that he has to work hard! 

I wonder how he performs in training! I also wonder if his fellow players think he is a lazy ass! 

On 02/02/2019 at 10:46, theowlsman said:

Put your rumours in here.

Snodgrass.

Of course, when creating this thread, which is definitely not a mega-thread, I already knew about the increased player budget.

As Snodgrass said 2-3 months ago, speaking to Uncle Biggsy, “I have a bit of banter with the Wednesday fans, and Wednesday are a great club. I would never say no to playing for a great club like Wednesday, and playing for Steve Bruce is a no-brainer, he’s a great manager and anyone would jump through hoops to play for that manager and club combo. Who knows, me and my agent were talking about a possible move this summer, let’s see what happens.”

I think we have to bite the bullet and start letting players go. This should free up at least 90k per week in wages and realistically we should get circa 10m for these 3

Hugill is an upgrade on Nuhui so strengthens that bit of the forward line. Providing Bruce is given the rest of the money to bring in another pacey forward then I’m all for it

These 3 scored approx 20 league between them last season whereas players like Pukki, Sharp etc were getting more than 20 by themselves. We can’t be carrying passengers any longer

The money could also allow us to bid for Hector