Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Also worth noting the Hugill signing would be a loan and we also have Leeds interested in him. Same with the Ben Gibson link, he signed for Burnley for £15m last season so that would be a loan but I personally feel getting Gibson would be a huge signing, I’m expecting Bruce will be utilising the loan market

16 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

To be fair I thought Hugill was a handful for Preston. But since his move to West Ham he’s not done much. Very similar to a fletcher, holds the ball up, bullies defenders but not an out and out goal scorer. If we’re going to trade the 3 players we are for him, I’d hope there’s another forward on Bruce’s list too.

I'm not a fan of Hugill, and wouldn't say he is that much similar to Fletcher.

In my opinion he had couple of decent seasons at Preston, and that's all he ever did in the game. For transfer fee and wages he would probably demand doesn't look like a worthwhile gamble to me.

Cosgrove from Aberdeen is a same type of player, younger then Hugill and would cost lot less. Although I'm not huge fan, if we need that type of striker I would rather gamble on him then Hugill.

9 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Also worth noting the Hugill signing would be a loan and we also have Leeds interested in him. Same with the Ben Gibson link, he signed for Burnley for £15m last season so that would be a loan but I personally feel getting Gibson would be a huge signing, I’m expecting Bruce will be utilising the loan market

Those two on loan would be excellent. 

Joao and FF are worth 20 goals between them at least. Hugill unlikely to match that, so I don’t think he’d be the only target but we may go one up front (Fletcher, Hugill, Nuhiu) and bring in more players who play attacking midfield and score from there 

23 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yes I don’t share the hilarity about Joao playing for Benfica myself. There’s no money in Portugal these days and their expectations of doing well in the champions league is the same as in Scotland. Their clubs main priority now is develop young players and sell them and build cheap squads that can win their domestic competitions.  Joao on their bench wouldn’t look out of place in their domestic games.  I wouldn’t be surprised if we sold Joao to a club like Benfica for about £3m. But clearly Chansiri is pushing for up to £8m

Benfica should have plenty of spare cash once they’ve sold Joao Felix but I don’t think for one minute we’ll get £8m for Lucas. We might get as you say £3m plus add-ons?

21 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Good point about ff last year contract, DC should be offering him a contract now if he wants to keep him if not sell him

I would imagine we have an optional 1 year extension, much like we had with Westwood

22 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Benfica should have plenty of spare cash once they’ve sold Joao Felix but I don’t think for one minute we’ll get £8m for Lucas. We might get as you say £3m plus add-ons?

I think we should value our players higher than that but not as high as Chansiri does. I mean Forest are talking £15M for Joe Lolley for example. Hugill was sold for £10M. Madine for £6M. Joao is worth mpre than £3M to us. I'd rather keep him. 

8m is bang on for Joao in this market as per my previous post in this thread. Leeds want 30m for Phillips! If selling him doesn’t allow us to buy a direct replacement or one or two key players there’s no point as we’d be short of 10 goals a season.

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

8m is bang on for Joao in this market as per my previous post in this thread. Leeds want 30m for Phillips! If selling him doesn’t allow us to buy a direct replacement or one or two key players there’s no point as we’d be short of 10 goals a season.

I agree.

By the same token I can understand if he doesn't fit Bruce's ethos and he wants rid.

João is a very talented player but he doesn't suit the high press style.

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I agree.

By the same token I can understand if he doesn't fit Bruce's ethos and he wants rid.

João is a very talented player but he doesn't suit the high press style.

You agree, but yet you still want to get rid of him  WOW !!!!     UTO 

Just now, kevtheowl said:

You agree, but yet you still want to get rid of him  WOW !!!!     UTO 

I can see both sides of it that's all.

I like João but he has to fit Bruce's plan or there is no point keeping him.

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

I wouldn't be against Hugill. He's a mobile targetman of good age. Can understand people's concerns re binning Joao & FF to do it though. They are the two in our squad capable of summat special - apart from a long-ranger from Reach of course. Sell those two and replace with Harris n Hugill...we'd have zero flair. 

I used to think that but I’ve seen Cardiff, Huddersfield and the pigs win promotion in the last couple of years, and they all had zero flair. I’d gladly cash in on FF, Reach and Joao if it meant Bruce could get his own players in

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Of course, when creating this thread, which is definitely not a mega-thread, I already knew about the increased player budget.

As Snodgrass said 2-3 months ago, speaking to Uncle Biggsy, “I have a bit of banter with the Wednesday fans, and Wednesday are a great club. I would never say no to playing for a great club like Wednesday, and playing for Steve Bruce is a no-brainer, he’s a great manager and anyone would jump through hoops to play for that manager and club combo. Who knows, me and my agent were talking about a possible move this summer, let’s see what happens.”

I'd carry Snodgrass on my back to get him to hillsborough if I had to. Quality player who gives nothing but 100% every game

• Like 1

Just now, Bigblueowl said:

I'd carry Snodgrass on my back to get him to hillsborough if I had to. Quality player who gives nothing but 100% every game

Expect a call if he needs picking up. 

I’ve heard there’s a delay in getting D Taxis off the ground.

• Haha 1

As I've said before, we should just let Bruce wheel and deal and trust him to get it right. He needs to be allowed to bring in players that suit how he wants to play and if it means sacrificing anyone, then so be it. Personally I'm not against sacrificing any of our players, except for Westwood and Bannan, especially as the main core of our players were unable to get promotion. Teams that go up, tend to wheel and deal and sacrifice players to get stronger. 

Bruce knows what he's doing. Some rumours or links might sound strange but to be honest I never expected the likes of Hector and Iorfa to have the impact they did, especially Hector. It's about building a more effective Steve Bruce team, so let's let him get on with it and see what happens this season. I strongly believe we've got the right man for the job.

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Thanks 1

Just now, theowlsman said:

Expect a call if he needs picking up. 

I’ve heard there’s a delay in getting D Taxis off the ground.

I'm ready me old mucker... Apart from a prolapsed disc and arthritis in my spine I'm ready to rock! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

As I've said before, we should just let Bruce wheel and deal and trust him to get it right. He needs to be allowed to bring in players that suit how he wants to play and if it means sacrificing anyone, then so be it. Personally I'm not against sacrificing any of our players, except for Westwood and Bannan, especially as the main core of our players were unable to get promotion. Bruce knows what he's doing. Some rumours or links might sound strange but to be honest I never expected the likes of Hector and Iorfa to have the impact they did, especially Hector. It's about building a more effective Steve Bruce team, so let's let him get on with it and see what happens this season. I strongly believe we've got the right man for the job.

Agreed 100%.

Especially keeping Westwood and Nuhiu.

2 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

As I've said before, we should just let Bruce wheel and deal and trust him to get it right. He needs to be allowed to bring in players that suit how he wants to play and if it means sacrificing anyone, then so be it. Personally I'm not against sacrificing any of our players, except for Westwood and Bannan, especially as the main core of our players were unable to get promotion. Bruce knows what he's doing. Some rumours or links might sound strange but to be honest I never expected the likes of Hector and Iorfa to have the impact they did, especially Hector. It's about building a more effective Steve Bruce team, so let's let him get on with it and see what happens this season. I strongly believe we've got the right man for the job.

We do tend to be a little impatient though don't we!

7 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Selling FF and Joao would be a disaster if we want to challenge imo. 

Hugill’s decent but he’s very basic. Not the type to fire us to promotion.

And FF and Joao have fired us to promotion have they. 

In Bruce we trust.