Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

They are three players we really ought to be shifting so I’d expect truth in that. 

Before we hang Nixon....Bruce is a shrewd operator, I fully expect us to be the source of plenty of Bullsh!t rumours and distractions. 

Christ can you imagine the uproar on here if it was CC wanting to sell those 3 for 1 player lol

I would rather keep forestieri out of those lot tho I'd be disappointed to see him leave and all the pressure would be on hugill to perform.

I trust Bruce to sort it out.

37 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I agree with cashing in on players, would add Nuhiu to that list, but surely not so we can bring Hugill in. Did well at PNE but done nothing since. 

He did well for 1 season then signed with west ham, that the sort of transfers we need to be making

45 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I like Hugill. Bruce wanted him at villa before West Ham got him. He’s pretty rapid and strong and we can’t rely on Fletcher alone for that role. Hugill was adding more goals to his game at Preston but has stalled since leaving. 

If we were to move those players on it would be funding an entire overhaul of the team rather than just bringing in Hugill.

Middlesbrough fans I know thought he was rubbish. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

He was on loan at Boro last season and scored 6 goals in 37 games. Not exactly great that form. 

Was he????? Haha I didnt even kno he was in the championship last season , not the best stats I think even Rhodes managed that amount of goal with far less apps for them

54 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Same. All three better options than Hugill for me. If we sell all three we 100% need to find a goal scorer. Hugil and Fletcher very similar.

Not against selling those 3, but not particularly enthused about Hugil. 

I agree he's similar to Fletcher and suggests we are lining up with 1 up front, with competition in that role being sought. 

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

The issue with FF is whether we keep

him and potentially lose him for nothing next summer. 

Agreed, cant see us offering him more money unless he has a fantastic season and doubt he would take less. 

Reluctantly, we might sell to avoid him walking for nothing next year. 

Guest wilyfox

I wouldn't be against Hugill. He's a mobile targetman of good age. Can understand people's concerns re binning Joao & FF to do it though. They are the two in our squad capable of summat special - apart from a long-ranger from Reach of course. Sell those two and replace with Harris n Hugill...we'd have zero flair. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Alan Nixon - Bruce wants to offload Joao, Forestieri and Rhodes at a lower price in order to bring in Jordan Hugil.

Sunday People - Us and Boro want to bring in Ben Gibson from Burnley. 

I can see the logic of shipping those three out.. Joao can't be arsed 50% of the time and wants to go Benfica, Forestieri's hamstrings are knackered, he will play a max of 20 games next season I'm sure and Rhodes dosent want to be here and his wages are hideous. Get them gone. 

Edited by Bigblueowl

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

We get linked to a forward, and he’s slagged immediately. The lad hasn’t put a wednesday shirt on yet !!!!     UTO 

But has he been at our training ground? UTO kev 

13 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

He was on loan at Boro last season and scored 6 goals in 37 games. Not exactly great that form. 

Thats true, but Bruce will know that too. We have to trust Bruce knows what he’s doing.  

If we do let Joao go I hope it is too a club like Benfica and not to someone in England 

Rhodes to Norwich is good,  Forestieri will probably have a blinder for someone else next season which will be annoying 

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Thats true, but Bruce will know that too. We have to trust Bruce knows what he’s doing.  

If we do let Joao go I hope it is too a club like Benfica and not to someone in England 

Rhodes to Norwich is good,  Forestieri will probably have a blinder for someone else next season which will be annoying 

Benfica lol

Yeah I'm sure he'd walk into a Champions League team. One thats just about to sell its best player for £100M and then replace him with Lucas Joao  

• Haha 4