OMDT - SWFC vs. Brum City AND 2018 Year Review

Can I like it in instalments!! lol

If this OMDT was a movie it would be Ben Hur, all 220 minutes of it. I'm taking that as a good omen.

7 points over the festive period must already rate as a good return for us. Without tempting fate, who has the memory recall to tell me our most recent successful ones?

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Er, wow.

Been saving that one up eh Snoots?

Wonderful read. Really enjoyed it.

Looking forward to a packed and enthusiastic crowd, and a fine win to continue our excellent run under Bully.

First win by more than a single goal margin.

3-0

Fox to score (hes due one, been looking very likely)

Fletcher (will start and deserves a goal)

Hector (on a fine run of form)

• Like 2

Caught me on the hop their yer lordship, ffs. Turned on the laptop, came into matchday, and lo and behold there's the feckin OMDT. Panic and fear swept over me in equal and alternating waves of desperation as I tried to work out what had happened at the New Year's eve pissup and , as I couldn't remember anything, had I done summat stupid, and which husbands would I have to dodge for the next few months. Would I even be allowed back into my watering hole ever again ffs???

I didn't stagger on my way downstairs to the kitchen; my head isn't feeling like a deap sea submersible at 20,000 leagues beneath the surface; my hands aren't shaking and my stomach doesn't roil at the thought of a greasy bacon'n'egg butty dripping streams of melted butter and washed down with a pot of java so thick that the spoon bends.

I begin to break my fast on the aforementioned comestibles with no feelings of out and out nausea. Nothing is natural for this start of the new year, ffs. Everything's off. I know from a long , hard lifetime of practice that there is no way I can feel this good on New Year's Day.

OH NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the dreaded android pause innit FFS. I'll never be half the man I was again. I reach for a napkin to smear away the solidifying bacon grease and butter from my chin and notice the date at the top of the Maily Dail ????31/12/18 wtf?

The numbers churn and grind in my head until the grey matter suddenly realises that it's not tomorrow yet , and the simple solution is that the mods have deleted me and left me in some kind of stasis in a space'n'time warp. Or, nah. He wouldn't do that to us. Shirley, his Lurdship wouldn't post the OMDT 24 hours EARLY ?????!!!!!

IF that is the case and the respected member has finally lost his marbles, then there's only one thing for it...………………………

C'MON YOU BEAUTIFUL BLUE'N'WHITE LEGENDS . LET'S STUFF 'EM FFS  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Cracking review but also terrifying that we have had such an annus horriblis as her maj once said. The bowlox that we have endured this year is almost beyond parody. I'm having cold sweats every time I see a moustache lately, even had to badger the Mrs into bleaching hers in case our paths cross of an evening. 

I'd almost forgotten Swarbrick, to the extent that I didn't even know he'd retired. That news to me was the one highlight in the Lords magnum opus. 

How did it come to that? 

Too early to predict a result so I'll go with the usual. Can't see us getting owt as we are awful at the moment. Brum will just have to wait for us to gift them a goal then time waste to their hearts content, safe in the knowledge that the ref will let them. Our players won't put in any effort to get back into the game and the manager won't even get out of his seat. Anyone expecting anything more than that hasn't seen us in the past year. 

What a difference 3 games makes eh? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Epic work your lordship!

Your consistent wit, insight and positivity have been a welcome tonic to the ongoing antics at S6 in 2018... If Liz gave out knighthoods for services to footy forums, you'd have been top of The New Years Honours list old boy!

The fact that two draws against the Blunts were highlights of Jos' time with us tells you all you need to know about his tenure.

Going into both fixtures we were fearing the worst and Wilder was licking his chops... Victories in either would obviously have been preferable, but in a strange way the draws made the bus driver even more angry... They enabled him to be pissed off and continue his insistence of superiority... Both post match interviews were enthralling entertainment

653747430_Sketch(1).png.065ed8a7a8d50d21e01bf986adb6c1e6.png.c5cac83e85f1447ae2f3cad138f2b865.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Thanks Lord. Not just for this epic, but all the others you have done throughout the year, as well. 

Your post really does expose the utter dross and pain we have gone through during 2018. Strangely, the part that got me most irked was the bookings stats table from the Villa game! Unbelievable Jeff.

2018 is going into Room 101.

• Like 1