OMDT - SWFC vs. Brum City AND 2018 Year Review

1 hour ago, EssexOwl said:

Thanks Lord. Not just for this epic, but all the others you have done throughout the year, as well. 

Your post really does expose the utter dross and pain we have gone through during 2018. Strangely, the part that got me most irked was the bookings stats table from the Villa game! Unbelievable Jeff.

2018 is going into Room 101.

Swarbrick I can never ever forgot.

We've had some dogger refs down there over the years. 

We've seen everything but that game will live forever in my memory.

image.jpg

Still got 14 players out. Dominate a much fancied side and should be 5-1 up by half time. And that bent get!!! He misses a stone wall red card offence from John Terry on Nuhiu , dimisses a clear stonewall penalty on Boyd,  their third goal the ball is out of play,  he gives them the softest penalty of all time, he may as well as dropped to his knees and given Snodgrass a nosh. All this time later I'm still annoyed.  

The irony is it was footballing wise on of our best performances of the Jos era. Good football. Even with loads of injuries against Brucies much fancied heavyweigts and only that corrupt swine in the middle ...

ARRRRGH!

Leave it Snoots. Leave it. It's history.

And breathe. ...

Starting to wonder if that might have been better titled 'Years Review' and just doing a simple team news omdt on the morning?

It's the worry about being too drunk to remember though.

This is the problem with New Year.

Always found NYE over rated.

The forced party.

All the best sessions and nights at any time of year are when you are having a quite night at home and a chum rings and asks you if you fancy the last one down at the local.......and you come home 3 days later looking like  you've been dressed by Vivienne Westwood... a facial wound thats left your face looking like a stunt mans knee and a half eaten kebab tucked under your arm.

Aye. Thems the nights. 

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Haha 3

Thread of the year Pauli and I haven’t even read it yet. I’ll probably look at the pictures later over a pint of water, and paracetemol before I go to bed. Hope they don’t look too blurry or rotatey.

Messing with tradition though? Could backfire if we don’t win. It’ll all be your fault you know. If you don’t get this one right you might get sacked and we’ll have to have that nobber Lord Snooty doing them.

Anyway, I’ll go with my traditional 23-0 win prediction anyhow. Nuhiu to score 20 and Foxy to get a hat-trick.

I know, that sounds ridiculous right? Well to be honest, I only put Foxy down for a hat trick so I could use this again.

Happy New Year to all.

EEF45F1F-1D54-46CC-ADA7-7D1D31732025.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Starting to wonder if that might have been better titled 'Years Review' and just doing a simple team news omdt on the morning?

Thanks LS, decent review of 2018 and an enjoyable read. A case of 2 steps forward, 1 or 2 steps back (depending on your viewpoint) but 5 months nearer to clearing the decks and rejuvenating the squad again.

After a strong finish to last season and a fairly decent start to this one, your left stratching your head trying to understand what Jos was trying to achieve with the constant tinkering, a midfield with more holes in it than a swiss cheese, and a play book that would make the Miami Dolphins blush. He knew things were delicately balanced, why? He blew his chance, 'lost the players' and looked pretty foolish in the end.

That being said I think we end the year stronger than we entered, only just mind and partly down to the last 3 performances. I'm sure that 2019 will continue to be testing, as the club continues to address on and off field issues which weigh us down.

If in a weeks time we have our new manager in place, 3 points against the blues and a place in the 4th round draw I think we can all breathe a collective sigh of relief and perhaps that by the end of the season, it will be the end of the beginning.

Happy New Year fellow Wednesdayites.......and don't forget KBO!           

• Like 1