James Gregg on Westwood

20 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You don't Tweet it directly at Westwood without wanting to get a reaction. 

Clearly, some of those getting on their high horse (or being a contrarian ala Banch) haven't actually bothered to read what was going on his Twitter feed. 

Totally agree SiJ, he knew exactly what he was doing last night. He wanted a bite/reaction from us, and he got it, myself included, he tried the whole libel court case cr@p with me when it got too much for him to handle because I tweeted him something he didn't like. He tried to be smart and he got burnt severely. 

Like I say before for someone who's in a line of media work, representing himself in a professional manner, he should be disciplined for his actions.

I’ve heard similar stuff about Westwood, wether it’s right or not ? No idea 

Bit stupid either way for the bloke to be tweeting stuff like that, can’t not back big claims like that up 

2 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Quite simply it an unprofessional thing to come out with . Whether he's right or wrong is to a certain extent irrelevant, you can't just come out and say things in the media and not expect repercussions. I hope Westwood takes him to the cleaners.

You might also want to hope he’s wrong about the whole thing 

Consequential losses for the club?

Misstatements from 'journalists' in respected organisations like this could affect the value of the player or prevent a potential sale going through or deter interest.

In reality, it is no different to that young couple in Crawley being castigated by certain parts of the media without evidence or due process.

I hope Mr Gregg has sufficient professional indemnity cover....

Opinions are just opinions whether they’re backed up with fact or not?

My opinion is that Westwood is one of the best keepers I’ve ever seen play for Sheffield Wednesday. The fact we’ve probably had one of our most successful spells since being relegated from the premier league while he’s been our No 1 backs this up?

As for Dawson one day he might go on to be a good goalkeeper for us or someone else but playing him week in, week out now was putting our championship status at risk and I for one am very glad Westwood is back in the fold.

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

As a club we are too nice. Would rather we have a few rumblezoids in there who know how to win football matches. 

Part of management is dealing with strong characters. Fergie would probably be the king of that. He’s managed some propped rumblezoids.

For it to be personally directed suggests said porky presenter has a personal grudge. Maybe Westwood banged his sister and wiped his lob on porkys Brian Dean poster? 

Seriously Twitter isn’t the place to make comments that you can’t or won’t back up with facts. Probably ruined any career path that requires impartial reporting of facts.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Prince said:

For it to be personally directed suggests said porky presenter has a personal grudge. Maybe Westwood banged his sister and wiped his lob on porkys Brian Dean poster? 

Seriously Twitter isn’t the place to make comments that you can’t or won’t back up with facts. Probably ruined any career path that requires impartial reporting of facts.

I wouldn’t tweet that first paragraph then mate.

• Haha 1