James Gregg on Westwood

2 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

2. MORE TO THE WESTWOOD SAGA 

The saga as he puts it has gone on since Jos arrived, yet all Jos could say was Dawson no. 1 Wordsmith no. 2 however he's our best keeper as shown 2 games 2 clean sheets almost 3 from 3 too.

I'm intrigued to hear how you come up with the statement that Westwood almost kept 3 clean sheets from 3 games???

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Why? Because fans have responded to someone, who perhaps has better inside knowledge than your ordinary fan, after he's tweeted something regarding one our players and provided not one piece of evidence to back this up? 

The fact he is a pig fan aswell just adds fuel to the fire, he knew exactly what he was doing last night and for a guy in his position he should be immediately disciplined for it.

Don't kid yourself it was anything other than a childish, name-calling public humiliation prompted by a needless, provoking tweet.

Like I said. Childish all round.

48 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Bit of a depressing thread this. Bloke posts something and instead of debating/ rebutting what he said he gets ripped apart personally. 

He may be right, he may be wrong. Very few know.

No need for personal abuse but that’s Twitter for you unfortunately!

Having said that if he wanted to debate he would have given the full story rather than simply posting something that lacks any substance?

Reap what you sow some will say.

1 hour ago, Arthur Bach said:

More damage can be done in the dressing room than on the pitch.

Lot of expensive "characters" could well do with being shipped out for the greater good.

How has that been working out for us this season?

1 hour ago, Bigblueowl said:

I believe the guy to be honest. Westwood is our best keeper so we must play him but I do think there is alot more to him than what we see. 

(The best) keepers are generally real characters compared to other players. It's probably easy to fall out with them if you don't know how to handle them so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

1 hour ago, Spondon Owl said:

Bit of a depressing thread this. Bloke posts something and instead of debating/ rebutting what he said he gets ripped apart personally. 

The bloke posted little more than click bait and got what he wanted. Said he knew more about the situation but didn't back this up with any anecdotes or facts and then made his account private.

12 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Track record? 

Enlighten me Gregg.

Why are our local journos trying to create more stories at a time where Wednesday are really starting to pull together. Same with the Star and FF yesterday. People hate that we are turning a corner and coming out fighting. Pathetic.

pig and 'tinpots' the lot of them, bitter to the ****ing core.

39 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

Don't kid yourself it was anything other than a childish, name-calling public humiliation prompted by a needless, provoking tweet.

Like I said. Childish all round.

Look, James Gregg is a big lad, he's all grown up and knows how poisonous the Internet is especially twitter!

While I don't condone any personal abuse (if any) he's receiving,

he knows full well due to his line of work that if you going to put inflammatory comments out like that on the internet people are gonna bite and you better be able to back them up as without any substantial evidence or context his words are open to scrutiny.

if he has no evidence or context to his slanderous comments and it's just hearsay and his own personal opinion he should have posted it on a personal account, not an account that has BBC plastered all over it or brag about working for the BBC in his replies.  

In my personal opinion he's clearly (whilst being total unprofessional)

done this for twitter traffic and he's bitten off more than he can chew.

so he gets no sympathy from me.

• Like 1

You don't Tweet it directly at Westwood without wanting to get a reaction. 

Clearly, some of those getting on their high horse (or being a contrarian ala Banch) haven't actually bothered to read what was going on his Twitter feed. 

12 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Ahh. Definitely one of them then.

Still. It's a rare move for one of the hacks to nail a story to the mast like this.  Suspect he's had one too many blue wickeds. 

I have visions of him lying passed out in the settee. Bladdered. Vest on.

While on the table next to him his phone is ringing and ringing.

The shot then cuts to Alan Biggs in a phone box, furrowed brow, close up.  saying "Pick up the phone , for fùxks sake kid, this is career suicide. Pick up!"*

*nb In this particular adaptation Biggs role would be played by Christopher Walken.

you do NOT lack imagination.

11 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I might be wrong, but I suspect Westwood can probably afford to take this to court.

If Gregg is providing a personal view, he is in the hot seat. If he provides a view in his capacity as an employee of a media company, then it is his employers that can be taken to court and held responsible for any perceived wrongdoing

get in there, FILL YA BOOTS.

SWFC to sue too.

1 hour ago, Spondon Owl said:

There's nothing much to debate without more information to go on, is there?

'Westwood's a bad bloke.'

Based on what?

For a journalist to fall back on such lazy language is laughable.