James Gregg on Westwood

I don’t really care about veiled references to Westwood’s character off the pitch, he’s played enough games, played regularly for different managers, won new contracts and performed brilliantly for us for 90% of the time (he had a dip playing while carrying an injury last season) whatever happens beyond that is of zero concern.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What stuff?

People love to be ITK but never actually say what it is. Absolutely no substance there. So what’s the point of sharing it? 

Alleged issues in the past  re community stuff is what I was told from someone close to the team. Did he do the children's hospital visit? 

*don't shoot the messenger 

Edited by modboy

7 minutes ago, modboy said:

Alleged issues in the past  re community stuff is what I was told from someone close to the team. Did he do the children's hospital visit? 

He did the help a Hallam child visit instead with Hutch and a few others. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, modboy said:

If true isn’t that his personal choice though and nothing to do with him as a player? 

21 minutes ago, BIG D said:

No doubt Biggs will start getting grief on his little mates behalf. Be interesting to see how he handles it.

Screenshots of the Tweet should be sent to Biggs and his employers, show them what sort of character they are backing.

I assume he's an independent 'journalist', who appears to work for the BBC amongst others. I assume he has read and follows the necessary guidelines as part of his contract with them:

1.5 Saying the right thing - Living up to our Editorial Standards

When the BBC speaks, the world listens. And people expect that whatever we tell them is as true, accurate and unbiased as possible – based on credible evidence, from credible sources. As a public broadcaster, we must always hold ourselves to the highest standards. Our reputation depends on it. And our Charter and Agreement demand it.

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/foi/classes/policies_procedures/bbc_code_of_conduct.pdf

https://www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguidelines/guidelines/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1