James Gregg on Westwood

Jeezus guys, come on.

The guy has had his say (and he was obviously bursting to do so) - lets debate that and not resort to childish back-and-forth on Twitter then running back to your mates here to show off your ‘sick burns’.

It does Owlstalk no favours, it does you no favours, it does Wednesday fans no favours and it just looks silly and petty. It is borderline harassment. Plus it just gives him the attention he is seemingly craving.

Dissect his tweets and debate that here - don’t give him any more attention than that, please.

• Thanks 1

I've a few things to say on this. 

There is a good chance he's right to some extent about Westwood. We all know that despite being a great keeper, KW has a long history of being difficult to manage. All our horrors are not just down to Jos and we'd be daft to say this seasons failure is all on him. 

However, rest assured this 'reporter' is 1st grade blunt and as thick as 2 short planks but he is in the know. Hopefully I've put a decent enough amount of posts on here of varying quality for people to trust me on that. 

Rich kid with friends in high places and doing alright for himself. Money is on it being true but him being too pissed to be calculated and hopefully soon to get his own disciplinary action. 

Interesting !! I have wondered the same and today KW goes missing ?? Hear the guy out. If he itk then whether KW a fan fave or not what this guy is saying rings true and would explain a lot of whats been going on. If I was KW today I would have been busting a gut to keep my place. If KW is tired then he not been keeping fit while not in 1st team or training his arse off to get back in the team. For 25k a week KW should have been doing something for his money. 

What is a “bad bloke?” I need a definition. Is he mean? No that can’t be right because mean means average. Is he Bad in the Michael Jackson uae of the term? Perhaps. Or is he baaad? Or bad as in “the lazy journalist used bad English to describe the good footballer?” I just don’t know.

Is he actually going to tell us more about the 'Westwood saga' to which he refers, or is he stopping short at calling him a 'bad bloke' and insinuating that he's faking an injury without any evidence?

I don't use Twitter, so if he's posted more, please let us know. From what I can see so far, he doesn't seem to have added anything beyond the kind of unfounded accusations and nudge-nudge, wink-wink speculation we see every day around here.

I'd expect a journalist to either back up his musings with a bit more evidence, or simply keep shtum until he actually has a story to tell.

I mean, really - 'There's more to the Westwood saga than you've heard. So far.' Go on, James, do tell...

:duntmatter:

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

8 hours ago, s6 owl said:

James Greggs views on Keiren Westwood. He’s from Alan Biggs’ show on which I am sure he has mentioned that he is friends with Cameron Dawson. 

Interesting...

C70D143F-72AC-4967-B70A-A358C0AA4974.png

I don't do Twitter mainly due to the bullshít is see quoted like this, so no doubt in this day and age Mr Gregg will the most erect penìs going this morning when he see's a thread on Owlstalk dedicated to himself.

That said I will reply here.

1. BAD BLOKE 

If he's so bad then why did the previous manager not have a problem with him and why was he his number one? If he was soooooo bad then why has this exclusive been kept under wraps for the whole of his career and never eeeever been released to the public before? 

2. MORE TO THE WESTWOOD SAGA 

The saga as he puts it has gone on since Jos arrived, yet all Jos could say was Dawson no. 1 Wordsmith no. 2 however he's our best keeper as shown 2 games 2 clean sheets almost 3 from 3 too.

3. TRACK RECORDOF FALLING OUT WITH MANAGERS?

Bollócks

4. CONVENIENT TIME TO PULL A GROIN?

Eh? Why would he not want to play now? It's not like getting a red card the week before Christmas to Christmas day off is it? Mr Greg do enlighten us further if your find any more of these pearls of wisdom, or any of your makes you appear to have lost. 

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Is he actually going to tell us more about the 'Westwood saga' to which he refers, or is he stopping short at calling him a 'bad bloke' and insinuating that he's faking an injury without any evidence?

I don't use Twitter, so if he's posted more, please let us know. From what I can see so far, he doesn't seem to have added anything beyond the kind of unfounded accusations and nudge-nudge, wink-wink speculation we see every day around here.

I'd expect a journalist to either back up his musings with a bit more evidence, or simply keep shtum until he actually has a story to tell.

I mean, really - 'There's more to the Westwood saga than you've heard. So far.' Go on, James, do tell...

As I see it he either needs to back it up or walk it back. All very odd, partisan behaviour. I don’t see him appearing with Biggs again he has no credibility left on this side of the city.

I briefly worked with James a few years ago; he was actually a pretty good lad. 

However, he is a pig, prone to shouting his mouth off and liked it on the lash... Looks like he's skillfully combined all of the above to put together a dog's breakfast of a Twitter session.

• Haha 1

Show me a goalkeeper that is not a tad unhinged and I will show you someone who is not a goalkeeper.

To want to play in goal in the first place speaks volumes

To be successful doesn't mean having to be nice

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

Lots of anger at this guy.

At least we can be sure Westwood has no history of missing Christmas away games.

Tbf, he deserved a few pelters for some of the nonsense he came out with afterwards. 

Think there's been enough on here over the last few years to suggest that Westwood isn't always a model pro...but likewise, I think it's pretty unprofessional for a supposed journalist/media personality to go spouting off on Twitter in the early hours of the morning. Is he doing it for some altruistic reasoning or was he stirring the pot, had a few too many beers and so? I'd suspect the latter. 

Edited by SiJ