James Gregg on Westwood

52 minutes ago, BaldFcuker said:

I wont suggest others follow this process, but unlike the norm for me - I have made a complaint.

I made it because I do think an unfair bias on reporting occurs in this city, and I know some will call me out for saying that - but that's what making complaints are for.    Someone will look at them and judge if that is the case.   I personally think it is the case.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm not. Reminds me of being rapped across the knuckles with a drum stick by my old Boys Brigade Captain for not being able to parp a tune on my trumpet. 

Just be thankful the Captain didn't show you how to get a parp out of your trumpet  WTF:

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Dont think there’s any need for this. Does he even work for the BBC?

He made a mistake, he’s got stick for it no need to try and hurt his career.

He did try to hurt another persons career though.    Does that sit well with you?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Dont think there’s any need for this. Does he even work for the BBC?

He made a mistake, he’s got stick for it no need to try and hurt his career.

He has publically tried to destroy Westwood’s reputation, which I think is despicable especially in his profession (unless you back it up with fact).

3 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

I still can’t quite get my head around why he tweeted what he did. Why now? Why not 6 months ago? 

The wording, the timing and the fact he tagged in Westwood really does make it look like a desperate attempt to stir up something. 

The timing thing gets me thinking .....

why now?why the day when they ‘rest’ him after his comeback ( 2 days before the transfer window opens)? Summat in it ? (Chris Turner seemed to think so on Twitter last night) 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

No it doesn't. But have you looked on twitter and seen the abuse Wednesday fans give players? All the things they get called? 

The bloke is no different to them. 

He works for the BBC and in his essence as a reporter has to remain impartial and adhere to certain codes and guidelines, he crossed the line. I can’t believe anyone is defending him and I hope it does have a negative effect on his career.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

George Best and Maradonna were hardly angels off the field, they were two of the greatest on it though.

Exactly. I've come to accept that many of the players I support would not necessarily be people I like, but it doesn't matter (up to a point) as long as they do the job. Weird thing to throw at him. 

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No it doesn't. But have you looked on twitter and seen the abuse Wednesday fans give players? All the things they get called? 

The bloke is no different to them. 

Sorry Sally but that is utter nonsense mate. This guy is supposed to be a professional and in his career remain impartial on views. We all know Paul Walker is a blunt but he never spouts off utter rubbish or tries stirring trouble with regards to Sheffield Wednesday. In his position it definitely is keeping your opinions to yourself.

• Like 1