James Gregg on Westwood

26 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I still can’t quite get my head around why he tweeted what he did. Why now? Why not 6 months ago? 

The wording, the timing and the fact he tagged in Westwood really does make it look like a desperate attempt to stir up something. 

'Just trying to tell Wednesday fans of the bigger picture' apparently........

tweets something derogatory and personal about a Wednesday player and does nothing to back it up with any substance. Appears surprised that Wednesday fans choose to question him about this rather than take his word as gospel without any facts and then blocks all users including Wednesday fans from reading his tweets so we will never know about his 'great insight'.

All in all he comes across as a great sports reporter. Managed to paint a fairly negative picture of himself in a couple of tweets which had the aim of doing the same to someone else.

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Don't drink and tweet a new moral for 2019 

I think message here is thing before you put anything out there online. 

This whole saga, has no winners or losers, just people being vindictive over football. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I think message here is thing before you put anything out there online. 

This whole saga, has no winners or losers, just people being vindictive over football. 

I think there may be one loser in the sorry episode...Lost to f.ookin' shocking own goal as well

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I think there may be one loser in the sorry episode...Lost to f.ookin' shocking own goal as well

Yeah id agree on that. As for the reasons why, well we dont really know. 

Suffice to say, the actions will, undoubtedly grant an opposite reaction, that professionally might have an impact. 

53 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Great response by Westwood. Very dignified.

He has done what many, myself included should do also at times.

Wait an appropriate length of time so that anger does not dictate your response.

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't wait for legal advice before responding accordingly either.

Edited by Salmonbones