James Gregg on Westwood

12 minutes ago, Samurai Blue said:

I wouldn’t tweet that first paragraph then mate.

I should have put the Maybe in caps as we are dealing with supposedly what could have triggered porky. MAYBE it was Westwood in the guest room with the Todger.

I’ve re-read the whole thread this afternoon and feel really, really uncomfortable with the brigading going on and sheer level of personal abuse being directed at this guy.

Yeah, there is something to discuss here - obviously - but it is totally lost in the point scoring and childish playground name-calling. I don’t read every matchday thread as often as I probably should... is it this bad on a regular basis now?

Honestly, I’m at a loss. I thought as fans and as a forum we were bigger and better than this. I’ve been tempted to close the thread, but there is genuinely something interesting to debate in this beyond ‘bad man journalist tweeted something I don’t like so I have to call him names’ so I don’t want to.

So do we dish out warnings and bans? I don’t want to at this stage (jeez, there’d be so many) but will do if I see it carrying on in this thread, or any other, about anyone, so consider this a warning to everyone.

Look, we’re not going to tolerate such brigading and personal abuse like this anymore... Please, please try and stick to the old adage of ‘discuss the post not the poster’ (even if the post comes from somewhere other than this site). I don’t mind people reasonably calling out the credibility of someone during a discussion about what they have said but the levels of personal stuff in here - and by extension on the guy’s twitter replies - is ridiculous, playground stuff and Owlstalk doesn’t want to be associated with that.

15 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Is he the little fella that sometimes sits next to Biggs?

Odd if it is for him to come out and say something like this.

Local journos usually sit on stuff till someone has departed and then start spilling.

He's going to have to do really well to back this up ....

Though the 'delete' button is the late night tweeters friend.

The only way he can back this up is to some how get involved in a drunken altercation with Westwood, the night before a training session or a game, which results in Westwood chinning him.

This proof would still be inconclusive for me.

lol

7 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

I’ve re-read the whole thread this afternoon and feel really, really uncomfortable with the brigading going on and sheer level of personal abuse being directed at this guy.

Yeah, there is something to discuss here - obviously - but it is totally lost in the point scoring and childish playground name-calling. I don’t read every matchday thread as often as I probably should... is it this bad on a regular basis now?

Honestly, I’m at a loss. I thought as fans and as a forum we were bigger and better than this. I’ve been tempted to close the thread, but there is genuinely something interesting to debate in this beyond ‘bad man journalist tweeted something I don’t like so I have to call him names’ so I don’t want to.

So do we dish out warnings and bans? I don’t want to at this stage (jeez, there’d be so many) but will do if I see it carrying on in this thread, or any other, about anyone, so consider this a warning to everyone.

Look, we’re not going to tolerate such brigading and personal abuse like this anymore... Please, please try and stick to the old adage of ‘discuss the post not the poster’ (even if the post comes from somewhere other than this site). I don’t mind people reasonably calling out the credibility of someone during a discussion about what they have said but the levels of personal stuff in here - and by extension on the guy’s twitter replies - is ridiculous, playground stuff and Owlstalk doesn’t want to be associated with that.

What you on about!

If your bro starts a fans forum and makes it successful - ie lots of posters - then accept that you will get all diff types of characters on here with lots of diff opinions.

maybe on twitter but nowt in here to even be close to closing the thread down.

who are you to now play god and threaten to close the thread just cos YOU dont like folk sayin orrible fings to james!

suck it up and grow a pair. you created a monster, dont cry when it roars. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

. I don’t read every matchday thread as often as I probably should... is it this bad on a regular basis now?

Not at all Corky!

We're all usually good as gold in here.  Few squabbles and what have you.  But nothing that's a fraction of anywhere else on the Internet. 

Other than a bit of name calling. Crikey. Our manager and several of the players have been called worse! A blunt journalist who drops a headline with no story is always going to get a bit of hammer. 

Not going to go down well but...

Probably something in it, maybe not as bad as the tweet is making out, he's always gone missing for some games.

We we all know he is a very good goalkeeper but there is a reason he ended up at Hillsborough when we were a poor team and regularly got overlooked for Ireland.

Just now, Malkmus said:

Not going to go down well but...

Probably something in it, maybe not as bad as the tweet is making out, he's always gone missing for some games.

We we all know he is a very good goalkeeper but there is a reason he ended up at Hillsborough when we were a poor team and regularly got overlooked for Ireland.

Like I’ve said earlier, so what, he’s performed on the pitch that’s all I need from a player, we don’t know what most are like in their personal lives.

I met Westwood and his family after a game v Fulham a few years ago, he and they were very accommodating and had time to talk to fans.

23 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Like I’ve said earlier, so what, he’s performed on the pitch that’s all I need from a player, we don’t know what most are like in their personal lives.

I met Westwood and his family after a game v Fulham a few years ago, he and they were very accommodating and had time to talk to fans.

Not saying it does make a difference, just saying there is possibly some truth in it.

I'd have like to see Jos handle the 91/93 team.

Edited by Malkmus
  • Like 1

Hopefully, that puts it all to bed. 

2 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I still can’t quite get my head around why he tweeted what he did. Why now? Why not 6 months ago? 

The wording, the timing and the fact he tagged in Westwood really does make it look like a desperate attempt to stir up something. 

Who knows. 

A bit of trolling, a bit of stirring. Needless to say, he might think twice before doing it again.