James Gregg on Westwood

17 minutes ago, Morepork said:

As I see it he either needs to back it up or walk it back. All very odd, partisan behaviour. I don’t see him appearing with Biggs again he has no credibility left on this side of the city.

No journalist worth their salt would post what he has without backing it up.

But then I suppose no journalist worth their salt would reduce someone to the caricature of simply being a 'bad bloke' in the first place; it's primary school stuff.

As for his opening rhetorical question, Wednesday fans might realise a bit more about Westwood if journalists like this James Gregg chap wrote articles with a bit of substance rather than taking to Twitter to post vague statements which allude to a story without actually telling one.

3 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

So he hasn't backed up his tweets with a story then? 

Not yet.

Called him a bad person, didn't fully grasp what is and what isn't potentially libellous and then went silent.

It's strange, as by directly Tweeting that at Westwood, I'd assume he was spoiling for a fight or argument. Who knows, perhaps we will get a follow up today? 

Edited by SiJ

8 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

The little weasel type chap has his own website (ooh, look at you James, all grown up).

https://jamesgreggmedia.weebly.com/

interestingly, it says in there that he began to realise his main talent was in broadcasting. Well I’d hate to see what his lesser talents are in that case.

Anyway, yet another example of a grunter more interested in us than them. Fk em.

Looks as if he’s progressed from Sky Sports to Radio Aire and sitting next to Biggs on Sheffield Live.

Going well then lol

• Haha 1

I've heard stories about Westwood that don't always show him in a positive light off the pitch so Gregg may be right. However, a long as it's nothing illegal and he's professional and performs on the pitch then it doesn't matter one jot.

This just comes across as stirring by Gregg. Very unprofessional from a BBC journalist who should be impartial.

There are lots of different personalities within the football world. I suspect Westwood takes a bit more handling than Tom Lees, just the way it is. Like any workplace.

But a footballer being self centred is hardly a complete shock. 

5 minutes ago, wmb said:

So let me get this right. Some of our fans are willing to back this piggy numpty over our own player?!!!

And the award for misrepresenting the situation in the thread goes to...

I haven't seen a single quote backing him over Westwood.

I think literally everyone in this thread has called this Gregg bloke a bit of a kn*b. But a lot of what he's saying is stuff that has been said by Wednesday fans on here in the past, so it's not like it's a bolt from the blue. If a "piggy numpty" said the world was round, we wouldn't all denounce it because of the team he supported. I suspect there's quite a few shades of truth to a lot of what he says... just because he supports Sheffield United doesn't invalidate that, and just because it isn't the most palatable of thoughts doesn't make it wrong either. That's what quite a lot are saying in this thread. What we're all united in saying, however, is that at best this borders of liable, and the bloke clearly needs to put his keyboard-warriorness to one side, and probably learn when to shut his mouth.