BREAKING NEWS - Barry Bannan Re-signs until 2021

Great news that!

Was really worried we may lose him, especially on the cheap, but by commiting his future that means his transfer value will be appropriate to his ability if he did have to leave and critically by signing up we've sent a message out to any clubs that may be sniffing around and also so has he.

Nice one Frodo!

lol

Edited by Owl Be Back

7 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Great to be able to keep hold of an asset. I was concerned they would all walk away for free.

The concern remains though that we don’t have a FFP plan. 

I agree with you but sides will always be willing to chuck a few million at Bannan or Joao both have resale value not like some of the other high earners , if we where desperate we could get decent fees as opposed to losing them for free just to get  the wages off the books.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Westwood

Palmer

Pudil

Fox

Lee

Abdi

Jones

Boyd

Hooper

I reckon at least 7on that list will be released next summer. If Lee and Hooper can get fit enough to show Jos their true capabilities then I can see new contracts would be offered - but wouldn't expect them to be overly long, couple of years max.

7 minutes ago, Gildowl said:

I reckon at least 7on that list will be released next summer. If Lee and Hooper can get fit enough to show Jos their true capabilities then I can see new contracts would be offered - but wouldn't expect them to be overly long, couple of years max.

I only see Palmer out of those lot getting new contracts, fingers crossed Lee and Hooper will come back 100% and have very strong second halves of the season without additional injury issues but it's worrying how many operations they've had to have in recent years, think their bodies are starting to tell them something. Year on year I think the Championship is getting stronger and more demanding, I honestly think it's one of the top 5 most competitive leagues in world football.

43 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

I just don’t understand posts like this. 

Every wednesday fan wants what’s best for the club. Yours is pretty much the only negative comment on the thread.

It is a positive and best news for a while. The negative is that too many on this forum just criticise, I am praising the club. Just fed up with all the posters who try to pull the club down. Quite simple to understand backing the club and negging the ones who criticise the club.

Just now, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

I only see Palmer out of those lot getting new contracts, fingers crossed Lee and Hooper will come back 100% and have very strong second halves of the season without additional injury issues but it's worrying how many operations they've had to have in recent years, think their bodies are starting to tell them something. Year on year I think the Championship is getting stronger and more demanding, I honestly think it's one of the top 5 most competitive leagues in world football.

Never been too impressed by Palmer but if Jos can bring about a marked improvement and consistency then you may be right. I take your point about Lee and Hooper, but it would be a poor way for Lee to end his career at Wednesday. I suppose with so many forwards at the club, Hooper could be expendable too.

Well done to all concerned, best bit of business we have done all summer!

Barry Bannan - The Walrus of Hillsborough!

Might be a song in that but it has to be to a Barry White tune!