BREAKING NEWS - Barry Bannan Re-signs until 2021

Fantastic news.

25 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

I'm not sure why it's so surprising for people he didn't go elsewhere.

He's had a bitty career before coming here. He's had stability here and has really enjoyed his football (judging by interviews and how he plays). It's no surprise to me he's stayed. He's the main man at Wednesday. Moving would not be the best thing for him.

Fantastic news!

In the past you'd certainly be right; but in the modern game, players are so influenced by agents and so driven by money, that loyalty is all but dead.

I'm so glad that Bannan can see that the club has been good for him; he has certainly been outstanding for us, on form he really is a fantastic player and as good as anyone else in this division.

Brilliant news for every Wednesday fan this.

23 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Hate on Nixon all you want, but he call this happening on Sunday. No one else did.

just read your post again, clearly he’s blocked you so you’re angrymad at him

Why has this been turned into a journalist praise thread? Who gives a foook if nixon called it? This is about bannan extending his stay and what he brings to the team 

25 minutes ago, Sticky belly said:

he looks most like a leader to me with his performances on the pitch. He’s our best player, he’s dragging the team along at times and you can see him talking to and encouraging the youngsters etc. I wouldn’t hesitate to give him the captaincy.

nah , it don't look good when the mascots are bigger than the skipper...…………. 

9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Why has this been turned into a journalist praise thread? Who gives a foook if nixon called it? This is about bannan extending his stay and what he brings to the team 

Why cant it be both?

People are fast to criticize and should praise in similar fashion

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Why cant it be both?

People are fast to criticize and should praise in similar fashion

Best players signs new contact and the first thing you think of is a sun journalist 

strange agenda but hey ho 

Edited by FreshOwl