Palmer

Pudil

Fox

Lee

Abdi

Jones

Boyd

Hooper

Lee, Palmer and Hooper are the only ones worth keeping.  The rest will clear about 120k p/w off the books or 5m p/a which is a big loss reduction. 

Also the amortized player fees associated with the signings of Abdi, Jones, Fox, Hooper will also not be there around another 2m.  All in if we can keep the aforementioned 3 and lose the rest we'll be losing 7m less than this season.

V good news.

Edited by DuttyTeabags
Loss
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Lee, Palmer and Hooper are the only ones worth keeping.  The rest will clear about 120k p/w off the books or 5m p/a which is a big loss reduction. 

Also the amortized player fees associated with the signings of Abdi, Jones, Fox, Hooper will also not be there around another 2m.  All in if we can keep the aforementioned 3 and lose the rest we'll be losing 7m less than this season.

V good news.

Lee and hooper are the only ones worth keeping ? About 30 games in two years between them ... Jesus wept. 

So happy he has signed. 

He is a joy to watch. 

His twists and turns, his comfort on the ball, his ability to find space even where there is none, his passing range, his freakish energy, his passing range, his one-twos all over the field, and on top of everything, his passion game-in game-out...what a player.

6 hours ago, james o connor said:

Lee and hooper are the only ones worth keeping ? About 30 games in two years between them ... Jesus wept. 

Hooper played 49.

Lee played 43.

We can only guess how many more each would have played had they been managed properly. 

I predict fan melt-down when one or other plays their first two or three matches, play superbly, then get”dropped”, ie rested. 

2 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

Yeah I agree with you here. If both hooper and lee can play between 20 and 30 games this year then worth another contract. 

Im really worried about Lee though. Will he come back anywhere near the same player?

Lee has a football brain. His natural positional sense is outstanding.

He may lose a couple of yards of pace, or a mile or two of running per match, but he can adapt into more of or holding pivot role. 

Im praising Lee here rather than criticising Joey, Jones, Hutch or Preston, but Kieran is twice the midfielder they are, even if he has to change his approach.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

He must be crackers.  Had a route out of the sinking ship at the end of the season where he could also pocket a big signing on fee.

I'm seriously surprised but impressed by the loyalty. 

Are you serious? Jesus Christ I knew there was a reason I stayed away from this site.

It’s great news, I do actually think he’s sincere when he talks about the club and fans. It’s a rare quality. He’s been arguably our best player since he arrived, even battled through when CC persistently played him out of position.

15 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

Great news. I'm sure he will have a well deserved pay rise. We now need to get Kieran Lee fit or bring in a loan signing who can play alongside him as Pelupessy is not creative enough. Up front FF is the only one who is quick enough to react to BBs through balls so we now need another pacy front man, hopefully in the next 24 hours.

Joao is pretty quick too isn't he? lol