#SWFC PLAYER OF THE YEAR - VOTE NOW

29 minutes ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

Our last result does not paper over the cracks for me, look at the table and remember a lot of performances, it's an insult for a player to receive praise and a trophy for a terrible season.

You don't only have a 'player of the year' award when things have gone well, though. 

We all know this season has been an almighty balls-up, but that doesn't mean that individual players don't deserve some recognition for their efforts this season. Arguably, a player like Reach or Nuhiu deserves it all the more for managing to improve individually in some pretty awful circumstances.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

10 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

No point since "The winner will be presented the trophy on the final day of the season" and you know he'll be injured and unable to receive it lol

This is awful of me and I know it would be massively disrespectful to the process, but..... oh go on everyone...... just imagine.

"Ladies and gentleman, the Sheffield Wednesday player of the year is... Almen Abdi."

*gasps and ripples of nervous applause*

"Unfortunately Almen can't be with us tonight as he's recovering from a cold sore, but he sent us this video message from his hospital bed..."

• Haha 1

Gone for Atdhe as he was just what we needed at the stage he came in, always had a big heart and gave everything, but he added the goals and assists to get us out of a mess.  Well done too to Reach, who has unfortunately faded a bit of late, probably understandably so considering his appearances and work rate. Also well done Wildsmith, a few errors but had a good run and is continuing to improve.  Hats off also to all those that managed not to get injured this season.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Got to be Reach for me, Nuhiu is up there because I think his good form came at a really important time when no one else was stepping up but I just think consistently over this season Reach has gave his all (in pretty dire circumstances) and I don't even want to think about what the side would have been at times this season without his energy.

I really wanted to pick Nuhiu, but ended up voting for Adam Reach. Nuhiu has been absolutely fantastic this year, but Reach has been excellent throughout the year, slotting in at whatever position required, despite taking some real pelters at the back end of last year - he's totally silenced the doubters. Nuhiu just hasn't quite played enough games, but I still love him and think he's been brilliant.