Sheffield Wednesday 1 : 2 Ipswich Town - OMDT

Snoots, excellent as always but I fear that the side you proposed has a weak spine - no real physicality up front or in CM.  Afraid its a match for Corp D Jones to patrol midfield but would like to see Reach and Clare in tandem on West and East of a diamond with Abdi in behind whichever big lump we have available.  Fll the defence and midfield and get runners to support playing off Abdi little one twos.

Hirst on bench.  

Well done mate, I totally agree, if we as fans give up hope then what else is there.

To that end, I decided to read your OMDT with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background!!!! Come on Wednesday, let's f**k these Tractor Boys over and show some fight!!

giphy_(3).gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Another cracker snoots. 

Im happy to advise you on your computer problems....swear profusely, threaten to put your foot through the screen, then wait for a teenage offspring to come to the rescue. Works for me.

I went to bed positive, but in a sleep-interrupted night I thought about our form, their away form, our moral, Mick's Championship experience and our ever-growing list of casualties, and in reality its going to be one hell of a toughie.

A draw would be an excellent result and will keep us out of real trouble. Then Bolton is as winnable as we could ever hope for, short of playing against ourselves.

New experience for me and my lad tonight. Due to my own computer problems I went for the "Quick seats" option and have front row in the South. Hope its not front row seats to a horror show.

Heart, as ever, an optimist's 3-1 with a brace or even Hat-trick from Jordan. 

Head, outclassed and out-thought, and a soul-destroying 1-3 reverse.

Edited by Holmowl

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Wednesday - V - Ipswich      

No automatic alt text available.

First my apologies as I don't even know if this is going to post. I am having an absolute mare with the Internet.

The pictures won't load. The orange light is flashing and I'm right royally facked off with it.

So I hope it does. But if it doesn't I'm sure someone will step to the plate.

+++

After a crushing defeat against Bristol City and having conceded 8 goals in the previous two games you would be forgiven for thinking we were feeling down about the situation. 

But we're not! We're up beat and positive and we know we can get a result. Genuinely. We can do this thing. Ok. So nearly all of our players are injured.

Well, except for the ones who are pretending to be injured to do themselves out of money. 

Image result for okay gif

But we have to believe. Because if we don't there's not much point is there?  

We have to beat Ipswich. Not just because we're getting drawn down the plug hole of relegation. But because we have Bolton next up and we have a real issue against teams that start with the letter 'B' . 

And this isn't superstition  it's fact.  Just like we've seen a steady decline in luck since we lost the stripes.  You can spend as much money as you want on players and coaches....and multiple physio teams. But if you upset the balance of the Universe...you'll keep getting punished.  It's Kit Karma quite frankly. It's blindly obvious. 

Match facts

• Sheffield Wednesday are winless in eight home league matches against Ipswich (D5 L3), since a 2-0 win in April 2007.

• The Tractor Boys are without a clean sheet in 11 league meetings with the Owls, since a 1-0 win at Hillsborough in February 2010.

• Wednesday conceded just five goals in Jos Luhukay's first nine matches in charge in all competitions - since then, they have conceded 12 goals in four games.

• Since losing 4-1 to Fulham, Ipswich have conceded four goals in their last eight league games.

• The Owls have not lost five consecutive matches in all competitions since a run of seven between November and December 2012.

• Mick McCarthy has never lost an away match at Hillsborough in his managerial career (P8 W3 D5 L0).

Mick has never lost a game at Hillsborough in his managerial career.  With such a record maybe it is worth chasing his signature in the summer. 

Maybe that's what we need? A down to Earth Yorkshireman to come in and sort things out at a down to Earth Yorkshire club. 

A lot of our fans certainly seem to be clamouring for him .

Though he is a huge fan of Nuhiu.....so that number has probably just dipped by 50% 

Image may contain: text

Either way Mick isn't available till the summer and we've got some games to win before now and then and we've a manager in post. One who has walked into an absolute storm of a season. We're in danger of sinking and he's having to plug the hole with kids. 

Actually that sounds a bit Operation Yewtree. But you get the drift. 

He's got us some cracking points when he first came. Draws against Cardiff, Boro and the Pigs that none of us expected. We have to hope he can get the boys to dig in again and get some more like that. And I think he can, if this injury curse ever lifts. 

The away form has been dismal since. But the last two home games.....there's been a glimmer of hope. We were very good against a much fancied Derby and genuinely despite the result, I do believe that for an hour against Villa it's as well as we've played all season. 

Who is he going to pick? God knows. I don't even know if we have anyone fit.

Who knows. Maybe tomorrow is the day that the Hirst situation gets on the proper road to resolution with the lad getting a Hillsborough start.

Unlikely;  I know. But then again being in a relegation dog fight with  our squad would have seemed unlikely 2 years ago when we were heading to Wembley. 

Football is full of surprises and *I genuinely think we're going to get a good one Tuesday with the kids buzzing and Wednesday winning. 

So lets stick the young one in. Let's stick Abdi in. Lets just go out all guns blazing. 

No automatic alt text available.

COME ON WEDNESDAY

*Also Neil said I had to be positive or he'd kick my head in. 

Not a fan of this 5 at the back system. Too many players sitting deep and too many gaps to cover. 

4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 please