Sheffield Wednesday 1 : 2 Ipswich Town - OMDT

Great OMDT, expecting a reaction from SWFC, guessing we'll get a draw or battered again. Especially if either combination of two of Fox, Loovens or Butterfield is on the pitch.

I demand professionalism from the players; fizz giving no effort at all and not going for second balls, headed duels, standing up and getting into every situation; unless you're called Pudil and should NEVER turn your arse into a tackle EVER again.

Could Joao and Hirst do a trick up front? Use Reach, Pelupessy, Boyd and Abdi, Palmer in mid? Lees, Fred and Pudil at the back?

• Thanks 1

Im feeling positive about tonight. Can see us winning 3v1. My outlook may not be so positive when i see the starting line up though. Come on Wednesday, start of a massive week that imo if we fail to get at least 4 points should see Jos being sacked. ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sing this song at the beginning of the match to see if it changes anything in their performance.. we only sing when we’re winning, sing when we’re winning.. we only sing when we are winning.... everybody shhhhhhhhhhhhhh at the end of the song lol 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would love Hirst to be on the bench, sure he wont but would be great.

Why, I have seen him a couple of times, at that level he scored goals but little else, not sure that he is ready for the physical demands yet and remember he has not had a game for months.

2 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

Why, I have seen him a couple of times, at that level he scored goals but little else, not sure that he is ready for the physical demands yet and remember he has not had a game for months.

Would just be nice to find out if he can reproduce his very impressive goal record with the first team. We are struggling to score this season and have a very poor choice of strikers, perhaps we need to try something new. Perhaps he wont be ready but you never know until you try something

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would just be nice to find out if he can reproduce his very impressive goal record with the first team. We are struggling to score this season and have a very poor choice of strikers, perhaps we need to try something new. Perhaps he wont be ready but you never know until you try something

Just having him on the bench would be a big statement that would give us a feelgood factor from the start. To put him on would also give the crowd a boost plus he's a natural goalscorer and at 6' 3" coupled with pace he could offer a real problem to defenders. Clare and Thorniley have performed well, so why shouldn't young George.

• Like 1

Really not sure what to expect tonight tbh. Normally I’m pretty positive going into any game (I always back us to win) but I just can’t work out the mentality of the players. Even if the game plan goes boobies up or we go 1 down early doors I don’t get why we are imploding. It costs nothing to run your heart out for 90 mins and put some f**ker in the stands; especially if it has gone a bit Pete Tonge. That’s really all we want to see as fans isn’t it?

UTO

2 hours ago, MallorcaOwl said:

I seem to remember we’ve had 16 year olds score against us in the past from Ipswich and Wycombe. Or was Ibe 15?

anyway a 19 year old should be able to cope alright. Let’s face it if a chance drops in the box I would back Hirst to score more than Nuhiu