#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

3 hours ago, Peacenocchio said:

Are Forest the new Wolves or the new Wednesday?

They've gone absolutely balls out and spent £24m net this season so far including £13.5m on a young Portuguese attacking midfielder. Squad has 5 keepers, 12 defenders, 11 midfield, 9 strikers and nearly all first teamers (i.e not like some of our squad) and that's not including about 6 that they've sent out on loan. Their wage bill must be flipping huge attracting Dawson, Robinson and Pantillimon. And how is Karanka gonna use 9 strikers???  

image.thumb.png.ac51ef49adb030f1d9d8adc38413d943.png  

They already have 4 strikers on newish 4 year contracts Clough, Lolley, Vellios, Brereton and have  signed another 4 this close season, and still have old timer Murphy.

Only two options, automatics or bust...

Yet they raised nearly £40m on player sales over the last 3 seasons. They are much healthier financially than most think and are well within FFP limits to do some big spending. 

10 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Yet they raised nearly £40m on player sales over the last 3 seasons. They are much healthier financially than most think and are well within FFP limits to do some big spending. 

The guy to Boro made £15m alone. i think with Forest it is more histrical and will drop off this season. 

4 hours ago, owls maniac said:

This is how a lot of clubs will be playing it now. The bigger the PL jackpot gets the bigger risks owners will take. Sadly it’s the fans left to pick up the pieces when it all goes boobies up. 

If anything, the PL jackpot will start  to get smaller from now on....the signs are the next TV deal will be less lucrative unless they can get more overseas interest.

I think it has hit saturation point.

Edited by ReluctantNicko

30 minutes ago, ReluctantNicko said:

If anything, the PL jackpot will start  to get smaller from now on....the signs are the next TV deal will be less lucrative unless they can get more overseas interest.

Eventually we will have a European league with the top 20 teams so the can all milk the money from many countries instead of one, at that point everyone else will realise what is killing football is FIFA and a new body will be formed and we will start the process again. 

19 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Eventually we will have a European league with the top 20 teams so the can all milk the money from many countries instead of one, at that point everyone else will realise what is killing football is FIFA and a new body will be formed and we will start the process again. 

The sooner that happens ,the better. 

2 hours ago, ReluctantNicko said:

That's guaranteed we'll get promotion then:duntmatter:

36 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Brexit may well limit foreign players to 2 International players and 2 European players.

On paper it sounds fine however I seem to remember they have the foreign limit of players in the Russian league and the only thing thats done is inflated the price of home grown players to stupid amounts.