#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, owlZfan84 said:

Nixon saying Blunts have a very decent offer in for striker and it's being considered.

Winnall?

Mcgoldrick, I think. 

Sorry read down the posts and looks as though he's free.

Edited by LiamAP22D

5 hours ago, room0035 said:

All the fans are paying very high prices for this league and everyone say the same thing ' Continued investment in the team' but since the end of last season, all the season tickets bought we have signed no players and offload Loovens, Wallace, Butterfield, Venancio, Kean, Clare, Hirst, Hunt, Rhodes - yes some had to go but they have not been replace only with under 23 development players, we may have a few gems coming through, but with teams trying to win promotion they need experience players in key areas, goalkeeper, center back, central midfield, center forward - we look fine in the middle and up front but many fans want Westwood sold leaving  only two kids as cover and if Tom Lees get injured again which he has for each of the last 3 seasons, missing at least 11 games every season, then what do we have to marshal the defense Pudil a convert left back, or one of the kids.

Last season we had a leader and unofficial club captain at the back bringing the kids on and providing a solid base in Venancio but we have decided to not sign him for one reason or another.

I like what Jos is doing giving youth a chance and we as fans try to give as much as we can to the club, but I also think the communication from the club us dreadful and fans should not be mislead, if we are close to FFP, then let us know, at least we won't be then asking the same question day in day out why no new signings.

If fans have been sold tickets on the proviso that we are aiming for promotion then it comes out we are in fact happy with being above the relegation zone, this is going to damage the club for years to come - we all remember the dark days of Dave Allen and do not wish them to return. 

What comparison are you making between chansiri and allen?

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Surely we must have a deal or 2 lined up. I can’t believe with the prices of season tickets/match day tickets DC wouldn’t provide at least a couple of new faces. 

Think you are going to be disappointed mate. Unless we can shift a load of big earners on like Abdi and Jones, then i  reckon we will be going with what we have. Personally I think we at least need a CB and a replacement for Hunt but suspect the kids will be filling those slots.

If we could sign an experienced centre-half, a right wing back with deloverskrift and a quick attacking midfielder / winger on loan I reckon we look pretty strong. One of our strenghts will be having a settled squad.

Also hoping we’ll se Hutch in defence this season. 

1 hour ago, Owls77 said:

Mason Mount (Chelsea) and Harry Wilson (Liverpool) both joined Derby on loan.

They are two very good signings. The pull of Lampard could see them assemble a decent team, let's hope he's useless at managing them!