#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Am I in an alternative reality where the blunts are selling players for £12m, rumoured bids of £6m for O'Connell and signing a player for £4m? 

What's  happening, is it April 1st?

FunFP has created a Boom & Bust cycle in the Championship ... Us & Nottingham Forest are examples of this

We now have to save up again, for a few years

2 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Sheffield United are set to break their club record transfer fee after making a bid worth £5m for Ipswich Town’s Martyn Waghorn according to a report from the Daily Star.

Wow. If that's true then what are our strikers worth? Apart from the fact that he's fit, I wouldn't rate him any higher than any of ours. Including Winnall.

25 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

How much did we pay for Van Aken? One has proven himself to be a decent player at this level... the other hasn't (yet). At this moment I'd be happy to swap them.

Both players vastly over priced but that's the crazy market, I wouldn't write the Dutch kid off, he has had good  coaching over in Holland , if JL can develop him further then we will have very good player,  

36 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Sheffield United are set to break their club record transfer fee after making a bid worth £5m for Ipswich Town’s Martyn Waghorn according to a report from the Daily Star.

A combined £9m in fees for Waghorn and Egan.

lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

That could be looked at 2 ways. 

1.The market has gone batsh-t crazy. 2.Dem blavdes have woken up to the fact that they can't do what they want to do on cheap type players. 

If they are now going to start spending money, they might then want to consider increasing their revenue streams by bumping up ticket prices as I dare say their income on the turnstiles is dwarfed by ours.

Increasingly due to FFP, if fans want to see better players coming to the club, they have to be prepared to pay for it.

Then we'll see if their gates hold up like ours have.

24 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

A combined £9m in fees for Waghorn and Egan.

lol

I wouldn't laugh at them too much.

How much did we spend on Rhodes?

Glass houses and all that.

TBH, I think Egan is a good price at 4mill.

He's very good player.

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

£5m for waghorn,  that's crazy!  

Ipswich taking the wee wee there (well done)....and we thought they couldn't afford winnall, £5m will do nicely thank you and they might even have him fit for Christmas

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Egan is bang average 

I don’t think Ipswich will sell Waghorn for 5, but I do like him he’s a tidy player 

Paying over the odds doesn't make him a better player, it just drives up expectations ! Egan and Waghorn will deliver spasmodically. Spasmodically is not good enough ! 

10 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I wouldn't laugh at them too much.

How much did we spend on Rhodes?

Glass houses and all that.

TBH, I think Egan is a good price at 4mill.

He's very good player.

We spent £8m on Rhodes abd I wouldn’t write him off just yet.

His goal scoring record at this level is second to none and I have a sneaky feeling he will rediscover it this year at Norwich meaning we would still get our money back on him.

Whatever way you look at it, there’s more evidence to suggest that Rhodes will score more than Waghorn this season.

21 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Might mean they are selling O’Connell .

Egan is a good, powerful defender, just the type we need.

Brighton and Hove Albion are set to submit a £6m offer for Sheffield United defender Jack O’Connell, according to the print edition of The Mirror via the Sky Sports News Paper Talk page.

35 minutes ago, striker said:

£5m for waghorn,  that's crazy!  

Ipswich taking the wee wee there (well done)....and we thought they couldn't afford winnall, £5m will do nicely thank you and they might even have him fit for Christmas

ST generator that. No intention there at all