#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

With everyone fit, our squad is upper mid table However, we can take heart from Cardiff, who had a squad of similar quality 

But we are going to get injuries thats just the nature of football if we get either Palmer or fox injured which over the last 2 seasons both have been then the back up plans are Baker, then Pudil whose legs have gone or Boyd/Reach which fill me with fear as Boyd is not a left wingback and Reach cannot tackle.

Fully fit squad we will be fine but we won't even have a fully fit squad to start the season with Hooper, Lee, Winnall and where ever Abdi now is.

36 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But we are going to get injuries thats just the nature of football if we get either Palmer or fox injured which over the last 2 seasons both have been then the back up plans are Baker, then Pudil whose legs have gone or Boyd/Reach which fill me with fear as Boyd is not a left wingback and Reach cannot tackle.

Fully fit squad we will be fine but we won't even have a fully fit squad to start the season with Hooper, Lee, Winnall and where ever Abdi now is.

Christ Almighty, when you think those two are possibly going to be our first choice fullbacks or wingbacks...League 1 standard at best, it really does hit home how ill equipped we are. Massive, massive issues to rectify in the full back / wing back positions, Jos needs some help.

Edited by Walt

14 minutes ago, Walt said:

Christ Almighty, when you think those two are possibly going to be our first choice fullbacks or wingbacks...League 1 standard at best, it really does hit home how ill equipped we are. Massive, massive issues to rectify in the full back / wing back positions, Jos needs some help.

Think it’s harsh to call Palmer league 1 standard. He has played the majority of his career at this level. Fox however is utter garbage. 

• Thanks 1

Salford City sign Adam Rooney from Aberdeen. 

So the player has left a top level Scottish team that are in the Europa League to join a non leagu English side. He played 36 times last season and was seen as a first choice player. Apparently Salford will pay him 4k per week. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Sweet Lord...the thought of Fox and Palmer as 1st choice wingbacks is terrifying!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Think it’s harsh to call Palmer league 1 standard. He has played the majority of his career at this level. Fox however is utter garbage. 

Yeah, just looked at his stats and Palmer has played most of his career at Championship level. It's been done to death, the Palmer debate and we'd only be going round and round in circles again so I don't want to go down that road but the thought of those two at wingback puts the fear of God into me. Funnily enough I've quite liked Fox when he has played centre back...just not left back or wingback. Surely Jos has got room to bring in a couple of loan signings 

54 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

So the player has left a top level Scottish team that are in the Europa League to join a non leagu English side. He played 36 times last season and was seen as a first choice player. Apparently Salford will pay him 4k per week. 

Amazing signing, firstly it puts more question marks over the state of Scottish football... but that aside i like the fact he wants to join a story and help progress a club and he’s not just happy to sit in 3rd-6th place in Scotland every season. 

14 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Fox and Palmer start at Wigan away as full backs it will be a long long old season and a very frustrating one. Reach lwb and a new rwb or see how baker is there!

You've got to believe it's Reach at wingback.

I can go with Palmer as i don't think he's half as bad as some believe, but I've seen nothing from Fox to suggest he's good enough to play at left wingback. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I can go with Palmer as i don't think he's half as bad as some believe, but I've seen nothing from Fox to suggest he's good enough to play at left wingback. 

I wouldn’t mind Reach & Boyd or Reach & Palmer. All three I think will be fit, hard working and with a bit of confidence can certainly hold their own. 

If I was an opposition manager I’d be terrified of a front three of Fessi, Jaoa and AN Other, especially if their given freedom by hard working players up and down the wings behind them! 

20 minutes ago, SiJ said:

What’s palmers assist record from right back ? Must be shocking and has he ever scored from right back? 

As a rwb attacking is as important as defending so I struggle with Palmer on the attacking front , defensively he’s ok for the majority 

3 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

What’s palmers assist record from right back ? Must be shocking and has he ever scored from right back? 

As a rwb attacking is as important as defending so I struggle with Palmer on the attacking front , defensively he’s ok for the majority 

Palmer has played 121 games for us at right back, providing three assists and zero goals in those games.

I think 'shocking' might be too kind.

:duntmatter:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

I saw this earlier, it’s absolutely bloody barmy. Rooney has left a club playing European football for non-league. Money doesn’t half talk.

I’d laugh like a drain if Salford somehow found a way to balls it up. Sadly they seem to have a team good enough to get out of League Two, let alone the National League.

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Palmer has played 121 games for us at right back, providing three assists and zero goals in those games.

I think 'shocking' might be too kind.

:duntmatter:

Is it only 3 mate ? Transfermarkt has 6 but maybe a few of those from CM