OFFICIAL Sheffield Wednesday V Sunderland Match Day Thread

We could really do with Abdi making a statement with his performance tonight, showing his problems are behind him and he's ready to stake a claim for a starting spot every week. It's not fair really though, the lad needs easing back into the team slowly after so many recurring issues. At best we can hope he meshes well with Bannan and we're able to zip the ball around a lot better tonight.

Pleased to see Winnall starting and I honesty don't see Pudil at centre back as a cause for alarm in itself (obviously the lack of squad depth it shows is a bad situation but Pudil did a steady job in the middle last week). My major moan is that Matt Penney still isn't getting a look in at first team level despite none of our left backs performing adequately.

1 minute ago, Bodhidharma said:

OOOH.

I actually like that lineup.

Well done Carlos.

Shame Loovens is injured though

Pudil centre back will allow us to bring the ball out of defence better. Bannan on the left means Reach can get forward more. both Winnall and Hooper can drop and link the play. 

Going to attack with purpose tonight. Think Norwich game Last season.

Probably the best front two we could start with in terms of form.  Not sure about the back four, but little option other than what he's picked.  Like others have said I hope Abdi takes his chance tonight and stakes a claim for that midfield spot.

2 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Best team available to be honest although no ff like I said makes it frustrating 

strong bench again 

Boyd should be in for Wallace.

That aside, probably best we could have hoped for. 

Hope Abdi plays a blinder!