OFFICIAL Sheffield Wednesday V Sunderland Match Day Thread

The weird thing about this stage of the season is that so many people flap or clap too quickly.

newcastle lost their first game last season and took a while to get going and won the league. But I guarantee that one of three things will happen;

1) we win and many will be saying this is the beginning of the resurgence and HMSPTL is off on sail at last.

2) we lose and the place goes into meltdown calling for CC's head, the immediate sale of FF and JR for whatever we can get and that we are relegation bound unless all this happens.

3) we draw and people argue with each other over the value of the result until we either sign a CB or match day v Fulham hits.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, F. Spiksley said:

Sex magik. 

That's the ticket!!!

Tonight we need sex owl voodoo magic.

UTO!

Exactly.

We must open every avenue to get that first win under the belts.

Its countdown to kick off chaps 

So those of you with partners, put the brown paper bags over their heads... 

Those loners  who choose to be single ,get your hamptons at the ready!

And remember just before the vinegar stroke, chant the spell - :

We, the  mystical Owl cohorts,

power up from that that's in Daisys' shorts,

do release the energy of our lustful sin,

and donate it to make sure of a Wednesday win!

WE CAN DO THIS!

Related image

UP THE OWLS!

XpvKUB.gif

41 minutes ago, StarmanNWC said:

The weird thing about this stage of the season is that so many people flap or clap too quickly.

newcastle lost their first game last season and took a while to get going and won the league. But I guarantee that one of three things will happen;

1) we win and many will be saying this is the beginning of the resurgence and HMSPTL is off on sail at last.

2) we lose and the place goes into meltdown calling for CC's head, the immediate sale of FF and JR for whatever we can get and that we are relegation bound unless all this happens.

3) we draw and people argue with each other over the value of the result until we either sign a CB or match day v Fulham hits.

I think the difference here is that the club have set the fans expectations rather than the other way around. Newcastle expected their team to be at the top of the table and running away with the league.

Our manager and players have all been giving it the talk. Carlos has mentioned that the team needs to set off strongly and that we cant afford another slow start to the season.

It just seems to be so much talk coming from the coach and the players and none of them are backing it up.

Christ. Our midfield of plod + plod + plod + plod are going to be up against some dynamic twats who weren't good enough for the Premier league. 

It's going to be embarrassing. 

I hope am wrong I really do. 

Love Wednesday 

Edited by DuttyTeabags
Mixed

9 minutes ago, Miffed said:

I think the difference here is that the club have set the fans expectations rather than the other way around. Newcastle expected their team to be at the top of the table and running away with the league.

Our manager and players have all been giving it the talk. Carlos has mentioned that the team needs to set off strongly and that we cant afford another slow start to the season.

It just seems to be so much talk coming from the coach and the players and none of them are backing it up.

Exactly.

'promotion in our 150th year' 

Lets see about that.

To be fair not wetting the bed but tonight for me is almost must win. 1 point from 3 games is poor after what Carlos said about getting off to a good start this season. He has to go if we lose IMO, just has too.

People talk about our strikers and defence, but the midfield is the key IMO. It was the key to getting to Wembley! 

We need to provide crosses, press and challenge for first and second balls. We need to WANT the ball in space and don't be scared in possesion. That will take pressure off defence and give strikers something to go on. Abdi needs to get at least 20 minutes tonight, surely? But what will CC go for? Hutch is a liability, Jones is a joke and Bannan is 50/50 amongst fans. 

25 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Exactly.

'promotion in our 150th year' 

Lets see about that.

To be fair not wetting the bed but tonight for me is almost must win. 1 point from 3 games is poor after what Carlos said about getting off to a good start this season. He has to go if we lose IMO, just has too.

And if we win?

Come on, chin up! 

Lad in hand! Thrash yourself into a brighter mood!

Can't afford negativity tonight!

1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

So what's this weeks pre-match meltdown going to be?

Winnall dropped?

FF's raised his voice towards a colleague?

The new signing isn't in tonights squad?

I'm sure one of the local journo's is just itching to trigger a meltdown....

What new signing, we signed someone? 

I'm going for both teams to start slowly without a serious threat on each goal in the first half except for a calamatous error from Pudil at centre back sending us 1-0 down.

Wednesday to show more purpose in the 2nd period as Carlos 'achieves' an equaliser after his players show more henergy.

Immediately afterwards CC makes 2 like for like replacements and finally takes whoever our biggest threat is off the pitch for Big Dave to a chorus of boos from a minority.

1-1 written all over it, off to the bookies now before a few jars and taking my seat.