Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's not looking good, is it?

The only remaining straw I can cling to is that maybe Carlos has made this public in order to try and reassert some power over Forestieri - if he selects him on the left next weekend, then Forestieri has a choice to make: either perform as the Hillsborough faithful know he can, otherwise the end is surely nigh...

Possibly for both of them. 

The more I think about this, the more it unravels and the more things become apparent.

For FF, it's all about him. He's not a team player, he's a very talented individual who only has his own success in mind.  I've not got beef with this, to be honest. We signed him pretty much knowing this - and if he's playing in a position he enjoys AND we're getting success too, everyone's a winner.

But it's not - Carlos plays a certain way - if his wingers aren't tracking back they're no good.  And in fairness, thinking back to our 3-0 win over Birmingham last season, FF was dragged off for being crap on the wing and not tracking back and we were getting absolutely beasted.

Reach came on and completely played a blinder, showing FF exactly what he should have been doing, helped create chances, covered his defensive duties AND scored too.

As good a player as he is, do we actually need him with the abundance of other strikers we have?

Problem with Nando up top (particularly away from home) is in the current set up he doesn't hold the ball up well enough. The reason the left wing has suited him is he gets the ball when facing the opposition, as opposed to having to back into some lump of a center half and try to link up play. 

doom howson is a disgrace as a "journalist"

"carvalhal was unable to shed any light on the Djourou transfer"

Carlos said "nobody has told me that someone has signed for us"

this is the transfer that doom announced then backtracked and said its off

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I think the issue is that Carlos is kowtowing to a player, having declared earlier in the summer that he was wanting to use him on the left wing. 

It makes Nando look like a petulant brat and Carlos look weak. 

Not good really. 

Exactly, plus how does it make other players feel being left on the bench while he gets his way there's bound to be some resentment,  I honestly feel the worse.

1 minute ago, Woozie said:

Nope. 2013-15 then he signed for us.

You sure? 

According to the gospel (Wikipedia) he spent a season on loan there (when they were "loaning" all their players) and then was there on a permanent basis for another two seasons. 

Still - not exactly a long time is it. 

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, Dot said:

Bang on 

1 minute ago, Dot said:

doom howson :laugh:

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

6 game unbeaten run towards the end of last season.

FF nowhere to be seen. 

We played better and won games.

Play Offs FF used as a striker again and we get knocked out and put in two very poor performances.

Coincidence I think not.

Agree entirely and would also say that I expected him to miss the penalty his entire body language was wrong as he walked up. 

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

This will turn out for the best. It's a shame we wasted 3 points to bring this into the open, but sell him, play two strikers from Winnall, Hooper, Fletch and Rhodes  all season, and Fessi can watch his ex-colleagues next August playing in the Prem.

Carlos ruins the team putting FF striker. With the temptation gone we will be a better team, and I suspect a far better dressing-room.

What I found odd was Carlos saying how much we missed Hooper last season and what an impact it had on our perfromances. Now he's fit he's back on the bench making way for the totally ineffectual FF. Seems somewhat bizarre to me.

Guest Ash76

FF's talking bobbar, he tracks back when played centrally and drifts wide too. 

Carlos also needs to be stronger, not just with FF but others in the squad too and those above him

35 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Forestieri has every right to want to play up front. 

Name another of our current strikers who's done more for us than Forestieri. And yes I mean as a striker. 

For me he's easily the best we have and if we're sticking with 442 it should be him and Joao, or someone else on the same wavelength.

He rarely scores as a striker.

We score less than one goal per team when he plays there.

Its the kiss of death to his strike partner. They NEVER score.

He went on strike

He only wants to play in his preferred position

erm, let me think........

Double departure for me - Fessi to the highest bidder and CC back to the obscurity we plucked him from. One's a selfish kn*bhead, the other is the weakest manager we've ever had here. PATHETIC.