This ultimately means that our front two is always going to be FF and Rhodes.

FF because he doesn't want to play anywhere else

Rhodes because, in reality, we can't consistently bench a 10 mil investment - especially as that 10 mil has happened now.

And we know this strike 'partnership' isn't going to work. At all.

Wonderful.

Just now, scram said:

Of course it's CC's fault - he picks the team!

CC is at fault for allowing any player to dictate his position.

But he is not at fault for telling fans why he has not been playing FF left. 

Isn't the problem here the flat 442 formation? 

I'd argue that FF isn't genuinely suited to any position in a flat 442, much like Abdi, Bannan, Reach and more. He's not an out and out striker or a traditional winger. 

Id like to see FF on the left of a front 3 much like the position Martial/Rashford play for Man U. 

Wouldn't require the defensive discipline as 2 deeper/holding midfielders (which we're effectively playing anyway) will cover and he can cut in from the left which is where he's most dangerous. 

A genuine no. 10 would also help link play between the lines and as would be extra body in midfield without the ball.  

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Fair enough.

I must admit I have had several of my own conspiracy thoughts.

Here's mine...

Carlos was appalled over Norwich-gate and wanted rid.

DC said no, keep him, wrap his knuckles, but play him.

Interesting to see how this current mess works out.

What a load of throw

Just now, rosstiga said:

Isn't the problem here the flat 442 formation? 

I'd argue that FF isn't genuinely suited to any position in a flat 442, much like Abdi, Bannan, Reach and more. He's not an out and out striker or a traditional winger. 

Id like to see FF on the left of a front 3 much like the position Martial/Rashford play for Man U. 

Wouldn't require the defensive discipline as 2 deeper/holding midfielders (which we're effectively playing anyway) will cover and he can cut in from the left which is where he's most dangerous. 

A genuine no. 10 would also help link play between the lines and as would be extra body in midfield without the ball.  

Hooper is a far better 10 than FF though

He's at it again, though, isn't he? He massively affected team morale/togetherness early last season and here he is again. Consider this happening in your own workplace. One of your colleagues firstly tells management he doesn't want to work there so will be stopping off work. He is then allowed back in. Same time the next year this same worker tells his manager he is not prepared to work in one area and insists on working where he wants. Manager agrees. 

Just now, McRightSide said:

Hooper is a far better 10 than FF though

Oh yeah. 

The link between midfield and up top. Made a huge difference when he was fit for that 6 game winning streak. 

No idea why he was benched on Saturday...*reads article again* 

Oh. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Well yeah. 

The whole is he a winger or striker is a side issue tbh. 

More about the manager and his authority or lack thereof  and a player who (if you believe what you read tonight) is playing up again. 

This is not how we want to be starting a new season. Terrible. 

It's one game Sij.

Lance the boil, move on.

Lets be frank. As a striker he should not be on the field anyway. So we lose nothing. I would go much further. We are a far better side when FF is not striker.

Move on. But immediately. Beat QPR with the likes of Rhodes, Hooper, Fletch and Winnall knowing they are now our strikers, 

A week on Wednesday we should have six points from 3 games, a better dressing room, a proper balanced attack, and not look back.

Hirsty would have pinned FF to the dressing room wall by the throat.

No player is bigger than the team.

Sick of walking on eggs with so called star players.

Sick of the negative approach to games we saw all too often last season.

Just now, Holmowl said:

It's one game Sij.

Lance the boil, move on.

Lets be frank. As a striker he should not be on the field anyway. So we lose nothing. I would go much further. We are a far better side when FF is not striker.

Move on. But immediately. Beat QPR with the likes of Rhodes, Hooper, Fletch and Winnall knowing they are now our strikers, 

A week on Wednesday we should have six points from 3 games, a better dressing room, a proper balanced attack, and not look back.

Hope so. 

Big week coming up. 

Time for a clear out. It sounds to me as if there are a number of players too comfortable at the club. They aren't being challenged to up their game, they are becoming set in their ways. Shift some out, bring new blood in, shake up the system and drop a few regulars.

If FF doesn't want to play on the wing I'd tell him he's either going to play there or in the U23 squad if he stays at the club or we sell him. If CC can't shake the team up get someone who can. Maybe he's never been in this situation before because he's never stuck around anywhere for more than a year.