Just now, Grandad said:

The crux of it all 

The thing is if it's not true that means that Carlos is speaking bad of players in the press which means he has to go but FF may have a future.

The only feasible way for them both to stay would be if CC knows that Fessi needs this kind of thing to kick him up the arse and get him playing (a scenario I find highly unlikely)

I'm still fizzing from last week, and the debacle against an average Scottish side, nevermind the sheeite about the badge, playing from the first minute to the last, and yesterday's crap on top.

New season, again knowing what we needed to do, and needing to start off well, and get momentum going, and we've fecked it up AGAIN! It's a bleeding shambles.

25 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I'm absolutely amazed it took this long. 

This is a disgraceful interview by the manager, once again pointing the finger at the best player we have 

And the responses already suggest it will work. People are blaming FF instead of pointing the finger where it needs pointing. I'm done with Carlos on the strength of this. 

Terrible management this. Awful

Hold on...

Carlos getting stick from 75% of fans for not playing FF left, then when he explains why he doesn't, Carlos is at fault!?

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

If he was to leave I'd be enraged if it was to a rival 

In an ideal world he doesn't go to a rival in the same league...but that's easier said than done. 

Perhaps we can flog him to Udders :duntmatter:

Assuming he's off, which I doubt he is. 

Remember the bloke went on strike last season and stuck around. 

Edited by SiJ

One this everyone is missing

whats to say that CC didn't want to play FF there? He's played them there loads of times

and he's played him wide left loads of times.

oh yeah that's right, anti-CC agenda

so many people on here are so incapable of independent thought it's frightening

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Hold on...

Carlos getting stick from 75% of fans for not playing FF left, then when he explains why he doesn't, Carlos is at fault!?

It's correct he gets stick. If FF doesn't want to play there then CC tells him he's on the bench and will have to wait to play up front. Once you have players dictating where they want to play you're in trouble.

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey

1 minute ago, MOwl said:

Fernando = our Messi?

Messi a few years ago demanded to play up front, which led to Ibrahimovic being sold

Messi has since moved wide because of Suarez signing, not through choice. Has he mellowed as he has aged? Who knows?

Criticising Fernando for this though isnt necessary though... To be honest.

Messi didn't not get on the coach

Messi was the best player in the world, and sure Fernando is a great dynamic attacking player, but arguably he isn't even the best player at the club (Westwood and Lee spring to mind)- never mind the league. When Forestieri is out-and-out one of the top 3 players in the league, he can demand to play where he wants. As it is, he was embarrassed last year by how on a different planet Knockaert was to him, and whilst a great player, Forestieri was nowhere near the best in the league. 

Why does Forestieri not have to move wide after we sign 4 class strikers for this level in Rhodes, Hooper, Winnall, Fletcher... but Messi gets moved wide through the signing of one class striker at his level? 

There's no other way of swinging this, it's petulance. Forestieri is another one I defended to the hilt after he made that statement apologising after the Norwich fiasco, and then he does this. One mistake, no matter how extreme, is forgivable. This is just a sign of a bloke that wants to dictate what the manager does and thus the direction of the club. Until he scores a goal a game like Messi, he is in no place to be dictating anything. 

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Hold on...

Well he is still at fault.

He should say play on the left or out of the team.

He's basically admitting to not being in charge of team selection. Mutiny. That's as bad as it gets for a manager.

1 minute ago, Corneliusreeve said:

I've no appetite for this season at the moment, dreading going on Saturday.

Yes...feels like it's already falling apart before we've even got started. 

Just now, EXCALIBUR said:

i think carlos is regretting staying on and the way out is to blame the players,we have seen it before at other clubs in the past,carlos just resign and go

Think he's looking for a pay off or another job. Best way to do it is get fired early on with a reputation in tact or start like a house on fire and get head hunted...

Just say to him we'll don't track back end of day bannan fills in all gaps anyway don't really need Fessi to track back. Annoying thing is why now why say now not during preseason luckily it's not too late but almost could have

Edited by Lomas613